Hi got 700-800 pounds to build a pc for gaming. Any ideas?????????

--
engtkempPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

Be sure to get PCI Express support on the new mobo, get
either a new Intel dual core or AMD 64 CPU. ATI has dual
core graphics.
Does your 700-800 £ budget include a new monitor and OS
software?

some support

"engtkemp" <engtkemp.1q1zum@> wrote in message

| Hi got 700-800 pounds to build a pc for gaming. Any
ideas?????????

| --
| engtkempPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup
access

I built a computer 2 months ago. I bought a Asus A8N Deluxe. An AMD 64
3500+, 2 identical hard drives for Raid 0. 2 NVIDIA GForce 6600 GT cards for
the SLI motherboard and 2 lots of 512mb SIMMs for around 800-900 quid. Also
got an OEM edition of Windows Pro.

"engtkemp" <engtkemp.1q1zum@> wrote in message

> Hi got 700-800 pounds to build a pc for gaming. Any ideas?????????
>

> --
> engtkempPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

bar

Go to your local PC games store and ask them what they'd recommend for your
part of the world.

Of course you want Fastest CPU, Compatible Mobo, PCI Graphics, 1Gb + RAM,
>200Gb HDD, DVD Reader or Reader/Recorder.

Always go for a balanced performance: no use getting fastest CPU and lousy
Video Card or <512Mb memory as this will cause real bottlenecks and waste CPU
performance.

"John Collopy" wrote:

> I built a computer 2 months ago. I bought a Asus A8N Deluxe. An AMD 64
> 3500+, 2 identical hard drives for Raid 0. 2 NVIDIA GForce 6600 GT cards for
> the SLI motherboard and 2 lots of 512mb SIMMs for around 800-900 quid. Also
> got an OEM edition of Windows Pro.
>
> "engtkemp" <engtkemp.1q1zum@> wrote in message
> >
> > Hi got 700-800 pounds to build a pc for gaming. Any ideas?????????
> >

> > --
> > engtkempPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

Socket939 nForce4 Ultra chipest motherboard
AMD Althon64 3000+ (or higher)
SATA HDD *2( to build a RAID 0)
17" or 19" PureFlat CRT
DVD-RW