x6dae-g2 chipset drivers for windows xp pro

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.supermicro (More info?)

I've got the x6dae-g2 mobo, trying to install windows XP Pro (original
release) onto it, and the install goes fine (as long as I disable ACPI
in the bios), but the chipset drivers do not install right, and no PCI
device can be recognized by the system. I'm pretty sure it's bad
chipset drivers. I've tried the drivers off the CD, but also the newer
drivers (6.0.1.1002) from supermicro, but neither work. I also tried
SP1 and SP2, and actaully the problem gets worse there.

I've already narrowed it down to a mobo problem, there are no other
devices in the system, and everything else is known-good. It's
definately a problem between XP and the mobo.

Anyone else have this problem and know of a fix.

Anyone else install XP Pro onto this mobo without any problem? Which
install CD did you use, XP original or XP+SP1?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.supermicro (More info?)

I've not done it personally, but we have done it here. Have you tried
installing Windows updates, including SP1 prior to trying to install the
chipset drivers? Rumor is that that helps.

Ed Jamison
MBX - http://www.mbx.com/
888-440-1414 X307
ed.jamison-at-mbx-dot-com
AIM - MBXEdJamison

Alex Lazarevich wrote:

> Anyone else install XP Pro onto this mobo without any problem? Which
> install CD did you use, XP original or XP+SP1?

I've got the same board, and had the same problems. With ACPI disabled,
everything went fine, when enabled WinXP wouldn't even install, I got a
bluescreen stating something with "pci.sys" everytime.
Solution: You _need_ to have a slipstreamed XP-SP1-CD, that means, SP1
integrated into the install CD. Try googling for "XP SP1 slipstreamed" or
similar, you'll find tons of information on how to burn a functioning
Install CD.

Michael