X6DAE-G Fan question...

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
September 6, 2004 3:23:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.supermicro (More info?)

I'm looking for the quietest way to cool my case, so I have a few
questions..
Can I use 2-pin 'Panaflow Ultra low noise brushless fans' with this board?
Will I loose the ability to control fan speed via the M/Board?

Assuming the 2-pin fans will actually work, but without speed control...
Any idea which will be quieter solution -
4 x 'ULN' fans without M/B speed control
or 4 x Standard fans with Speed control?

Thanks,

Dave.

More about : x6dae fan question

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 9, 2004 5:10:15 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.supermicro (More info?)

Woaaahhh!!
The previous question is irrelevant now that I've heard the
(SNK-P0008A)Supermicro heatsink fans!!
These thing are LOUD!!!
:-((

Dave.