X6DAE-G Fan question...

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.supermicro (More info?)

I'm looking for the quietest way to cool my case, so I have a few
questions..
Can I use 2-pin 'Panaflow Ultra low noise brushless fans' with this board?
Will I loose the ability to control fan speed via the M/Board?

Assuming the 2-pin fans will actually work, but without speed control...
Any idea which will be quieter solution -
4 x 'ULN' fans without M/B speed control
or 4 x Standard fans with Speed control?

Thanks,

Dave.
1 answer Last reply
More about x6dae question
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.supermicro (More info?)

    Woaaahhh!!
    The previous question is irrelevant now that I've heard the
    (SNK-P0008A)Supermicro heatsink fans!!
    These thing are LOUD!!!
    :-((

    Dave.

    Oily <davematthews(AAATTT)bigfoot(DOTTT)com> wrote in message
    > I'm looking for the quietest way to cool my case, so I have a few
    > questions..
    > Can I use 2-pin 'Panaflow Ultra low noise brushless fans' with this board?
    > Will I loose the ability to control fan speed via the M/Board?
    >
    > Assuming the 2-pin fans will actually work, but without speed control...
    > Any idea which will be quieter solution -
    > 4 x 'ULN' fans without M/B speed control
    > or 4 x Standard fans with Speed control?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Dave.

Fan Motherboards