P3TDE6 and 1,7 V Core PIII

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
September 22, 2004 3:54:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.supermicro (More info?)

Hello.
I have aquestion: the VRM of the P3TDE36 main PCB is specified to deliver
a core voltage up to 1,5V. I read about some tests using 'normal' (no Tualatin)
PII CPUs with success on this mainboard.
I have two PIII 866 Mhz Coppermines and I need to know whether these chips
a capable to be driven by this mainboard or not.

Thank you very much,
Oliver

More about : p3tde6 core piii

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 23, 2004 12:57:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.supermicro (More info?)

In article <cirp56$4r8$1@news1.zdv.uni-mainz.de>, hartmann@edda.physik.uni-
mainz.de says...
> Hello.
> I have aquestion: the VRM of the P3TDE36 main PCB is specified to deliver
> a core voltage up to 1,5V. I read about some tests using 'normal' (no Tualatin)
> PII CPUs with success on this mainboard.
> I have two PIII 866 Mhz Coppermines and I need to know whether these chips
> a capable to be driven by this mainboard or not.

If the Coppermine chips were rated for MP use, they will work. I don't know if all
are rated that way or not. But I speak from experience with two 733 MHz / 256K
cache coppermines in this board.
!