P3TDE6 and 1,7 V Core PIII

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.supermicro (More info?)

Hello.
I have aquestion: the VRM of the P3TDE36 main PCB is specified to deliver
a core voltage up to 1,5V. I read about some tests using 'normal' (no Tualatin)
PII CPUs with success on this mainboard.
I have two PIII 866 Mhz Coppermines and I need to know whether these chips
a capable to be driven by this mainboard or not.

Thank you very much,
Oliver
1 answer Last reply
More about p3tde6 core piii
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.supermicro (More info?)

    In article <cirp56$4r8$1@news1.zdv.uni-mainz.de>, hartmann@edda.physik.uni-
    mainz.de says...
    > Hello.
    > I have aquestion: the VRM of the P3TDE36 main PCB is specified to deliver
    > a core voltage up to 1,5V. I read about some tests using 'normal' (no Tualatin)
    > PII CPUs with success on this mainboard.
    > I have two PIII 866 Mhz Coppermines and I need to know whether these chips
    > a capable to be driven by this mainboard or not.

    If the Coppermine chips were rated for MP use, they will work. I don't know if all
    are rated that way or not. But I speak from experience with two 733 MHz / 256K
    cache coppermines in this board.

Core Supermicro Motherboards