ANON

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2003

I have a printer with a built in card reader which shos up as one drive even
when there's no memory card in it. Its origianal name was removable disk (F:)
but I renamed it to RX420 CRead (RX420 being the name of the printer and
CRead meaning card reader because card reader didnt fit. now whenever I
insert an unnamed removable disk, it calls it RX420 CRead. i have tried
remiving the name for the card reader so that it shows up as Removable Disk
(F:) hovever, all of the other removable disks (eg pen drives) show up as
RX420 CRead

Why does this happen and how can i fix it?

bar

Nothing to fix: this is how XP works with such devices.

"anon" wrote:

> I have a printer with a built in card reader which shos up as one drive even
> when there's no memory card in it. Its origianal name was removable disk (F:)
> but I renamed it to RX420 CRead (RX420 being the name of the printer and
> CRead meaning card reader because card reader didnt fit. now whenever I
> insert an unnamed removable disk, it calls it RX420 CRead. i have tried
> remiving the name for the card reader so that it shows up as Removable Disk
> (F:) hovever, all of the other removable disks (eg pen drives) show up as
> RX420 CRead
>
> Why does this happen and how can i fix it?

ANON

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2003

but it calls every removable disk RX420 CRead and I want them to be called
removable disk.