DVD-RW Drive won't read, write, or recognize anything!

Well the subject is kind of self explanatory...ummm all i did was take out a
dvd-rw disk while it was burning on nero and it messed up...kind of stupid i
kno. ive reinstalled windows...disconnected and reconnected the drive,
updated the firmware, disabled and reenabled, uninstalled and reinstalled
both the driver and the programs...everything...im at my wits end! It does
the same thing for + and - and rw discs of different brands and cd-r discs...
any help will be appreciated in advance. and i will keep up to date... THANK
YOU.
9 answers Last reply
More about drive read write recognize anything

    =?Utf-8?B?S3lsZQ==?= Wrote:
    > Well the subject is kind of self explanatory...ummm all i did was take
    > out a
    > dvd-rw disk while it was burning on nero and it messed up...kind of
    > stupid i
    > kno. ive reinstalled windows...disconnected and reconnected the drive,
    > updated the firmware, disabled and reenabled, uninstalled and
    > reinstalled
    > both the driver and the programs...everything...im at my wits end! It
    > does
    > the same thing for + and - and rw discs of different brands and cd-r
    > discs...
    > any help will be appreciated in advance. and i will keep up to date...
    > THANK
    > YOU.

    How old is the drive? This may sound simple and stupid but did you try
    a dvd cleaning disk?

    --
    PCDaddyPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

    Umm actually yes i have and the drive is not that old its an i/o magic ide
    dvd-rw 16x

    "PCDaddy" wrote:

    > =?Utf-8?B?S3lsZQ==?= Wrote:
    > > Well the subject is kind of self explanatory...ummm all i did was take
    > > out a
    > > dvd-rw disk while it was burning on nero and it messed up...kind of
    > > stupid i
    > > kno. ive reinstalled windows...disconnected and reconnected the drive,
    > > updated the firmware, disabled and reenabled, uninstalled and
    > > reinstalled
    > > both the driver and the programs...everything...im at my wits end! It
    > > does
    > > the same thing for + and - and rw discs of different brands and cd-r
    > > discs...
    > > any help will be appreciated in advance. and i will keep up to date...
    > > THANK
    > > YOU.
    >
    > How old is the drive? This may sound simple and stupid but did you try
    > a dvd cleaning disk?
    >

    > --
    > PCDaddyPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

    Kyle

    There was no need to multipost this to so many groups. You had a lot of answers and all being the same

    --
    Peter

    "Kyle" <Kyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82142128-6D62-475F-9A56-6FB8C7A44A2A@microsoft.com...
    > Umm actually yes i have and the drive is not that old its an i/o magic ide
    > dvd-rw 16x
    >
    > "PCDaddy" wrote:
    >

    >> =?Utf-8?B?S3lsZQ==?= Wrote:
    >> > Well the subject is kind of self explanatory...ummm all i did was take
    >> > out a
    >> > dvd-rw disk while it was burning on nero and it messed up...kind of
    >> > stupid i
    >> > kno. ive reinstalled windows...disconnected and reconnected the drive,
    >> > updated the firmware, disabled and reenabled, uninstalled and
    >> > reinstalled
    >> > both the driver and the programs...everything...im at my wits end! It
    >> > does
    >> > the same thing for + and - and rw discs of different brands and cd-r
    >> > discs...
    >> > any help will be appreciated in advance. and i will keep up to date...
    >> > THANK
    >> > YOU.
    >>
    >> How old is the drive? This may sound simple and stupid but did you try
    >> a dvd cleaning disk?
    >>

    >> --
    >> PCDaddyPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

    Ok, the reason i ask about the drive cleaning disk is because many
    people think the drive is shot and it can be that simple. I really
    can't see what you did as being the cause. I would honestly, if you
    tried everything, I would seriously think the drive is faulty. It could
    be a bad ide cable or ide connector on the mother board. Did you try
    plugging another dirve in an see if you have the same problems?

    --

    Peter Foldes Wrote:
    > Kyle
    >
    > There was no need to multipost this to so many groups. You had a lot of
    > answers and all being the same
    >
    > --
    > Peter

    > "Kyle" wrote in message
    > > Umm actually yes i have and the drive is not that old its an i/o
    > magic ide
    > > dvd-rw 16x

    > take
    > of
    > drive,
    > It
    > cd-r
    > date...
    > >>
    > >> How old is the drive? This may sound simple and stupid but did you
    > try
    > >> a dvd cleaning disk?
    > >>

    > >> --
    > >> PCDaddyPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

    Thanks Peter, i'm guessing that i am wasting my breath on this one.

    --
    PCDaddyPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

    no i multiposted it because different people in different groups say
    different things. i know the drive isnt faulty because i burned a cd and a
    dvd but when i burned a dvd then i got bored and pressed the eject button and
    ctrl+alt+deleted nero then closed the tray again. From that point it just
    stopped. I am recieving different solutions and it is very helpful...please
    continue posting

    "PCDaddy" wrote:

    > Peter Foldes Wrote:
    > > Kyle
    > >
    > > There was no need to multipost this to so many groups. You had a lot of
    > > answers and all being the same
    > >
    > > --
    > > Peter
    > >
    > > Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
    > > Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
    > >
    > > "Kyle" wrote in message
    > > > Umm actually yes i have and the drive is not that old its an i/o
    > > magic ide
    > > > dvd-rw 16x

    > > take
    > > of
    > > drive,
    > > It
    > > cd-r
    > > date...

    > > try

    > Thanks Peter, i'm guessing that i am wasting my breath on this one.
    >

    > --
    > PCDaddyPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

    Instead of multiposting (in your case) it is always better to Cross post. Multiposting is frowned at.

    --
    Peter

    In article <574B2098-3A4A-44DA-BF5E-5E3F26CCF1FC@microsoft.com>,
    Kyle@discussions.microsoft.com says...
    > no i multiposted it because different people in different groups say
    > different things.

    But if you cross-posted to those groups you would be able to read all
    the replied in the SAME group (meaning that any reply to your cross-
    posted message in ANY group would appear in all the groups you posted
    too, and anyone reading it would be able to see all the replies too).

    multi-posting means you have to visit the individual groups, each, to
    read the replies separately and there is no merging of minds/solutions.

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me

    =?Utf-8?B?S3lsZQ==?= Wrote:
    > no i multiposted it because different people in different groups say
    > different things. i know the drive isnt faulty because i burned a cd
    > and a
    > dvd but when i burned a dvd then i got bored and pressed the eject
    > button and
    > ctrl+alt+deleted nero then closed the tray again. From that point it
    > just
    > stopped. I am recieving different solutions and it is very
    > helpful...please
    > continue posting
    >
    > "PCDaddy" wrote:
    >

    > > Peter Foldes Wrote:
    > > > Kyle
    > > >
    > > > There was no need to multipost this to so many groups. You had a
    > lot of
    > > > answers and all being the same
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Peter
    > > >
    > > > Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
    > > > Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be
    > acknowledged.
    > > >
    > > > "Kyle" wrote in message
    > > > magic ide

    > was
    > > > take
    > up...kind
    > > > of
    > the
    > > > drive,
    > end!
    > > > It
    > and
    > > > cd-r
    > > > date...

    > you
    > > > try

    > > Thanks Peter, i'm guessing that i am wasting my breath on this one.
    > >

    > > --
    > > PCDaddyPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

    No you don't know the drive isn't faulty. Any one who has worked with
    electronics knows they can burn out, screw up, or cause errors at any
    given point. Coincidences happen all the time with any electronic
    device.

    --
    PCDaddyPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

DVD RW Windows XP