SATA backplane question

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.supermicro (More info?)

On an X6DAE-G2 motherboard in an SC823T-550LP chassis... system was
delivered with two disks. We added two more, but they don't show up in
the BIOS. I noticed that the backplane has 6 SATA connectors, but the
motherboard only has two. There are currently two SATA cables going
from SATA0 and SATA1 on the motherboard to 0 and 1 on the backplane.
The working disks are in the upper-left bay and the one directly below
that. The non-working disks are in the upper-right bay and the one
below it. How do we get the two new disks working?

* California gun owners - protect your rights and join the CRPA today! *
* http://www.crpa.org/ Free 3 month trial membership available *
More about sata backplane question
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.supermicro (More info?)

    On 26 Feb 2005 21:43:09 GMT, John Oliver <joliver@john-oliver.net> wrote:

    >On an X6DAE-G2 motherboard in an SC823T-550LP chassis... system was
    >delivered with two disks. We added two more, but they don't show up in
    >the BIOS. I noticed that the backplane has 6 SATA connectors, but the
    >motherboard only has two. There are currently two SATA cables going
    >from SATA0 and SATA1 on the motherboard to 0 and 1 on the backplane.
    >The working disks are in the upper-left bay and the one directly below
    >that. The non-working disks are in the upper-right bay and the one
    >below it. How do we get the two new disks working?

    Add-in a four-port SATA HBA and cable it over to the unused backplane slots?
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.supermicro (More info?)

    On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 16:57:16 -0500, daytripper wrote:
    > On 26 Feb 2005 21:43:09 GMT, John Oliver <joliver@john-oliver.net> wrote:
    >
    >>On an X6DAE-G2 motherboard in an SC823T-550LP chassis... system was
    >>delivered with two disks. We added two more, but they don't show up in
    >>the BIOS. I noticed that the backplane has 6 SATA connectors, but the
    >>motherboard only has two. There are currently two SATA cables going
    >>from SATA0 and SATA1 on the motherboard to 0 and 1 on the backplane.
    >>The working disks are in the upper-left bay and the one directly below
    >>that. The non-working disks are in the upper-right bay and the one
    >>below it. How do we get the two new disks working?
    >
    > Add-in a four-port SATA HBA and cable it over to the unused backplane slots?

    Yeah... I hadn't realized that SATA was a one-to-one thing. A new card
    is on the way...

    * California gun owners - protect your rights and join the CRPA today! *
    * http://www.crpa.org/ Free 3 month trial membership available *

SATA Motherboards Supermicro