How do I set a secure wireless network?

I do not want anyone to connect to my wireless network w/o having to use a
password. I don't want ppl to be able to see my information that I have on my
computer. How do I set my wireless system up so that anyone trying to connect
HAS to use a password to connect?
2 answers Last reply
More about secure wireless network

    Hi

    Entry Level Wireless Network does not work with passwords. Its work with
    Encryption (and few other measures) Only people who have your Encryption
    keys (like password) can connect.

    More about security of Wireless here.

    WEP, WPA, and the Future - http://www.ezlan.net/wpa_wep.html

    Network Segregation - http://www.ezlan.net/shield.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "coffeebean002" <coffeebean002@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I do not want anyone to connect to my wireless network w/o having to use a
    > password. I don't want ppl to be able to see my information that I have on
    my
    > computer. How do I set my wireless system up so that anyone trying to
    connect
    > HAS to use a password to connect?

    How to Secure Your Wireless Home Network with Windows XP

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/learnmore/bowman_05february10.mspx

    On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 19:49:01 -0700, "coffeebean002"

    --
    Barb Bowman
    Expert Zone Columnist

Wireless Connection Wireless Network Wireless Networking