How do I set a secure wireless network?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
April 9, 2005 11:49:01 PM

I do not want anyone to connect to my wireless network w/o having to use a
password. I don't want ppl to be able to see my information that I have on my
computer. How do I set my wireless system up so that anyone trying to connect
HAS to use a password to connect?
April 10, 2005 4:12:58 AM

Hi

Entry Level Wireless Network does not work with passwords. Its work with
Encryption (and few other measures) Only people who have your Encryption
keys (like password) can connect.

More about security of Wireless here.

WEP, WPA, and the Future - http://www.ezlan.net/wpa_wep.html

Network Segregation - http://www.ezlan.net/shield.html

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"coffeebean002" <coffeebean002@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I do not want anyone to connect to my wireless network w/o having to use a
> password. I don't want ppl to be able to see my information that I have on
my
> computer. How do I set my wireless system up so that anyone trying to
connect
> HAS to use a password to connect?
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
April 10, 2005 10:31:00 AM

How to Secure Your Wireless Home Network with Windows XP

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/lea...

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 19:49:01 -0700, "coffeebean002"

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist