windows won't let me burn

ajm

Distinguished
May 2, 2004

hey when i go to copy files from my computer to a blank cd it comes up with
PROBLEM COPYING
Windows encountered a problem when trying to copy this file. What do you
want windows to do? RETRY CANCEL

Please help thanks

AJM

It could be that the CD is not a good one?.. why do you not use the CD
burning software which would have been supplied.. look for Nero or Roxio on
your system..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"AJM" <AJM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hey when i go to copy files from my computer to a blank cd it comes up
> with
> PROBLEM COPYING
> Windows encountered a problem when trying to copy this file. What do you
> want windows to do? RETRY CANCEL
>
> Please help thanks

AJM <AJM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>hey when i go to copy files from my computer to a blank cd it comes up with
>PROBLEM COPYING
>Windows encountered a problem when trying to copy this file. What do you
>want windows to do? RETRY CANCEL
>
>Please help thanks

See the article on CD burning in Windows XP by the late Alex Nichol
MVP at http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--