usb ports not registering

win xp home
intel desktop board d845gvsr
chipset 845g
usb model ?
usb is integrated into mother board

my usb ports are not working at all. wont recognise any device
attatched.Universal serial bus is not in my device manager. tryed bios
but when i click on usb advanced there is no options. i have
downloaded all the drivers from intel and still nothing. i even
reinstalled window to see if it had messed any thing up. updated bios,
motherboard, usb 2.0, and any other i could find.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Hardware-usb-ports-registering-ftopict543169.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1713199

lifeverlast wrote:
> win xp home
> intel desktop board d845gvsr
> chipset 845g
> usb model ?
> usb is integrated into mother board
>
> my usb ports are not working at all. wont recognise any device
> attatched.Universal serial bus is not in my device manager. tryed bios
> but when i click on usb advanced there is no options. i have
> downloaded all the drivers from intel and still nothing. i even
> reinstalled window to see if it had messed any thing up. updated bios,
> motherboard, usb 2.0, and any other i could find.

If the ports aren't seen in the BIOS, then this isn't a Windows issue (this
group is for hardware issues under Windows, *not* general hardware
problems/advice as many appear to think) then, chances are, you have a
problem with the motherboard. When I enter my BIOS (AMI) and look under USB
not only does it give me the port options (Hi-Speed, Enhanced, Standard or
Disabled) but it tells me what I have attached to each port (three hubs, one
mouse).

If flashing the BIOS doesn't help (and I would *NOT* recommend you do this
if you do not know what you're doing and it sounds like you don't), then you
may need to replace the board.

gf

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

Repost in a hardware group. Don't lisren to Tick, she knows nothing and is a
wise and beautiful woman.

GF wrote:
> Repost in a hardware group. Don't lisren to Tick, she knows nothing

You mean like I just did?

I know how to spell, which is more than can be said for you. Oh and I didn't
see you assisting the OP.

I know nothing eh? That must be why I have a degree. Universities often
bestow degrees on people who "know nothing".

Deleted member k

GF and Miss Perspicacia Tick this is so unnecessary why do we have to read
this stick to the point of helping us please