Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

What is this game

Tags:
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
April 14, 2005 11:34:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

Hey, I cant remember the name of that game. I use to play it around
1986-1987.

it was a horizontal game, cowboy lookalike person on the top a moving
train, fighting other person.


I'm having a hard time to remember anything else since i was only 5 or
6.

anybody has an idea?

More about : game

Anonymous
April 14, 2005 12:20:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

never had the chance to see a pong cab, but i wish i could.


I saw the screenshot at klov but i have to lay the game to remember it.

Pretty sure its the one. (anyway i dont thnik that there r 50 games
looking like Iron Horse).
Anonymous
April 14, 2005 2:55:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

now i'm getting confused. Might be express rider too.

I' ll have to play those 2 roms and check with my brother.

I'm sur that you r on a train during the game, but might be Iron horse
too.

i'll get back as soon as i can play those 2 games.

theres is so many games how do u remember all of these?
or do u search klov each times?
Related resources
Anonymous
April 14, 2005 3:03:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

ugo_lavoie@hotmail.com wrote:

> Hey, I cant remember the name of that game. I use to play it around
> 1986-1987. it was a horizontal game, cowboy lookalike person on the
> top a moving train, fighting other person.
>

Iron Horse

> I'm having a hard time to remember anything else since i was only 5
> or 6.

Thanks for making me feel old. ;) 
--
FSogol
Anonymous
April 14, 2005 3:09:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

ok i have some other games that i'm looking to find its name:

Its was only a 1person game, and you were driving something like a go
kart, i remember playing that game around 1993 (early to mid 90's), it
was a moving cab so it was not a upright our a driver cab like daytona
usa but u had to sit in and it had force feedback, (it was shaking a
bit when you were hiting thins), It was only 1 race (so not sure abou
that) but you would play it over and over again as it was more
difficult each times.(really not sure abbout that). I can remember for
sure that the track has a big uphill. I know that this is not a lot of
details.
Anonymous
April 14, 2005 3:18:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

i hit post to quickly.(sorry)


thiis an old one. Around mid 89's(late 80's, or 90- 91, but not mid
90's) (old for me. hehe)

It was a 1 person game. You were riding something (might be something
like a beam, not sure about that) and you were riding in something like
a tunnel, and everytime you pass over a star(i think it was a star)
your speed would go up.


I dont know if any1 here have seen the movie Hackers (with angelina
jolie), but the hero in the movie is playing an arcade game, a bit like
the game i just said but with a lot nicer graphics, , you were in a
half pipe or a tunnel and you had to throws balls to remove obstacles
and move to not get hit by obstacle. i try to find more about this
game. I dont know if it was a real game or just for the purpose of the
film ut i'll check, if you have any idea let me know.
Anonymous
April 14, 2005 4:01:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

exactly STUNT runner, thx.


only 2 remaining. thx
Anonymous
April 14, 2005 4:13:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

and that was Power Drift. thx.
i dont care about the other 1 so forget about it.

thx

i dont remember the cab as being like on the pricure of klov.
anyway...
Anonymous
April 14, 2005 7:04:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

FSogol <FSogol@nospamplease.org> wrote in a cheese induced coma
news:115t1aacbibnqfa@corp.supernews.com:

>
>
> ugo_lavoie@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>> Hey, I cant remember the name of that game. I use to play it around
>> 1986-1987. it was a horizontal game, cowboy lookalike person on the
>> top a moving train, fighting other person.
>>
>
> Iron Horse
>
>> I'm having a hard time to remember anything else since i was only 5
>> or 6.
>
> Thanks for making me feel old. ;) 

You feel old, I remember the first time I saw the Pong cabinet at
Woolworths in Columbus, Ohio and Sea Wolf, Night Driver, and Death Race
at the Pumpkin Show in Circleville, Ohio

--
Bustin' Naughty Folks since 1983

See my custom built upright and cocktail cabinets at:
http://home.columbus.rr.com/supermappy/

Come to chat in #tombstones on preacher.foreverchat.net:6660-6667,7000

MAME: Forever Young!
Anonymous
April 14, 2005 8:38:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

ugo_lavoie@hotmail.com wrote:
> Hey, I cant remember the name of that game. I use to play it around
> 1986-1987.
>
> it was a horizontal game, cowboy lookalike person on the top a moving
> train, fighting other person.
>
>
> I'm having a hard time to remember anything else since i was only 5 or
> 6.
>
> anybody has an idea?

I thought of Sunset Riders , but thats probably too modern
http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=&game_id=986...
--
Alex

Hermes: "We can't afford that! Especially not Zoidberg!"
Zoidberg: "They took away my credit cards!"

www.drzoidberg.co.uk
www.sffh.co.uk
www.ebayfaq.co.uk
April 15, 2005 12:00:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

ugo_lavoie@hotmail.com wrote:
> i hit post to quickly.(sorry)
>
>
> thiis an old one. Around mid 89's(late 80's, or 90- 91, but not mid
> 90's) (old for me. hehe)
>
> It was a 1 person game. You were riding something (might be something
> like a beam, not sure about that) and you were riding in something like
> a tunnel, and everytime you pass over a star(i think it was a star)
> your speed would go up.
>
>
> I dont know if any1 here have seen the movie Hackers (with angelina
> jolie), but the hero in the movie is playing an arcade game, a bit like
> the game i just said but with a lot nicer graphics, , you were in a
> half pipe or a tunnel and you had to throws balls to remove obstacles
> and move to not get hit by obstacle. i try to find more about this
> game. I dont know if it was a real game or just for the purpose of the
> film ut i'll check, if you have any idea let me know.
>

Could it be S.T.U.N. Runner by Atari?

--
MAME(TM) - History In The Making...
April 15, 2005 12:02:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

ugo_lavoie@hotmail.com wrote:
> ok i have some other games that i'm looking to find its name:
>
> Its was only a 1person game, and you were driving something like a go
> kart, i remember playing that game around 1993 (early to mid 90's), it
> was a moving cab so it was not a upright our a driver cab like daytona
> usa but u had to sit in and it had force feedback, (it was shaking a
> bit when you were hiting thins), It was only 1 race (so not sure abou
> that) but you would play it over and over again as it was more
> difficult each times.(really not sure abbout that). I can remember for
> sure that the track has a big uphill. I know that this is not a lot of
> details.
>

Could it be Power drift?

--
MAME(TM) - History In The Making...
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 3:50:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

it is a game called express raider had to kick shite outta ppl
<ugo_lavoie@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1113492027.110415.99230@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> never had the chance to see a pong cab, but i wish i could.
>
>
> I saw the screenshot at klov but i have to lay the game to remember it.
>
> Pretty sure its the one. (anyway i dont thnik that there r 50 games
> looking like Iron Horse).
>
!