Samsung Launches New Series 5 Notebooks With Ivy Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

bozon

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
I Bought one on Chile tree weeks ago. Mine has a 1600x1200 screen resolution. Came with 6 GB of RAM a 1 TB HDD and a Blu ray drive.

I Upgraded it with 16 GB on RAM and a 256 GB Crucial M4. On arrival the screen has a lot of white stuck pixels. The sleep function doesn't work. It BSOD every time. Issue seems to be related with the 7 series Intel chipset (or inmature drivers).

On the other hand, the 3610QM CPU is very fast. Makes the machine fly.

Tried Windows 8 Release Preview and works incredible fast on this machine, much faster than Windows 7, however it was incapable of installig a proper Nvidia GPU driver and has another non-recognized "PCI simple communications controller". Windows 8 Sleep function works fine by the way (it preinstalled Microsoft AHCI driver instead intel's so I must conclude that the intel AHCI driver is flawed on Windows 7 for this model)

zulutech

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2011
[citation][nom]bozon[/nom]I Bought one on Chile tree weeks ago. Mine has a 1600x1200 screen resolution. Came with 6 GB of RAM a 1 TB HDD and a Blu ray drive.I Upgraded it with 16 GB on RAM and a 256 GB Crucial M4. On arrival the screen has a lot of white stuck pixels. The sleep function doesn't work. It BSOD every time. Issue seems to be related with the 7 series Intel chipset (or inmature drivers).On the other hand, the 3610QM CPU is very fast. Makes the machine fly.Tried Windows 8 Release Preview and works incredible fast on this machine, much faster than Windows 7, however it was incapable of installig a proper Nvidia GPU driver and has another non-recognized "PCI simple communications controller". Windows 8 Sleep function works fine by the way (it preinstalled Microsoft AHCI driver instead intel's so I must conclude that the intel AHCI driver is flawed on Windows 7 for this model)[/citation]
These launched on Tuesday -_-

mihaimm

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
[citation][nom]frank_drebin[/nom]this laptop keyboard looks exactly like Macbook's. hmmm ...[/citation]
Are you blind? The FN and CTRL keys are switched + the Win/Cmd key and ALT keys are switched. Also Sammy got the white keyboards before Apple!!!

See the clear difference in the images bellow:
http://images.apple.com/macbookair/images/design_multitouch.jpg
http://media.bestofmicro.com/samsung-series9-laptop,I-H-340217-3.jpg

zetzabre

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
[citation][nom]zzz_b[/nom]1366x768 resolution? Come on, it is out dated.[/citation]
This is what you should expect from a 15.6" laptop. I hope Samsung gives us some new 17" soon (if not release yet).

aviral

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
An eye catching look with the latest processor is just fine for many of the users to get the most from their laptops but not for the enthusiast purchasers.........

Status
Not open for further replies.