Benq DVD DW1610... reboots PC

hey everyone,
Every time i Try to burn a dvd using benq DW1610.. it reboots my pc..
This problem started recently and was fine for about 6 months.. This
problem started since i installed the drivers for Nvidia GeForce Fx5500
i think.. is there any relation between the two or is it just me? I
have 1Gb of ram and 256 mb of video ram. .250 gb of HDD space.. any
ideas? any leads would be helpful.. Thanks

...R

"rohan" <rohan208@gmail.com> wrote:

>hey everyone,
>Every time i Try to burn a dvd using benq DW1610.. it reboots my pc..
>This problem started recently and was fine for about 6 months.. This
>problem started since i installed the drivers for Nvidia GeForce Fx5500
>i think.. is there any relation between the two or is it just me? I
>have 1Gb of ram and 256 mb of video ram. .250 gb of HDD space.. any
>ideas? any leads would be helpful.. Thanks
>
>..R

Open Control Panel - System - Advanced and click on the Settings
button in the Startup and Recovery (bottom) section.

In the Startup and Recovery window see if the checkbox for
"automatically restart" is selected and if so then click on the
checkbox to clear it then click on Apply and OK as needed to exit.

If the "automatically restart" checkbox was not selected then
right-click on My Computer and select Manage. Click on the + sign in
front of the Event Viewer category in the left side column to expand
the 3 subcategories. Select each subcategory in turn and browse
through the events in the right side panel to locate any red-flagged
error records whose date and time stamp corresponds to your DVD
restart incidents. Double click on an error record to see the details
of that error.

Post the error record details back here if you want further advice or
assistance with that information.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:1118254957.217483.137770@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com,
rohan <rohan208@gmail.com> had this to say:

> hey everyone,
> Every time i Try to burn a dvd using benq DW1610.. it reboots my pc..
> This problem started recently and was fine for about 6 months.. This
> problem started since i installed the drivers for Nvidia GeForce
> Fx5500 i think.. is there any relation between the two or is it just
> me? I have 1Gb of ram and 256 mb of video ram. .250 gb of HDD space..
> any ideas? any leads would be helpful.. Thanks
>
> ..R

Start with this:

WinKey + Pause Break (or open System from control panel) > click on Advanced
> Under the Startup and Recovery click on the settings > disable
automatically rebooting under System Failure. Get the error code the next
time it happens. Either return with it or Google it.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes