Benq DVD DW1610... reboots PC

hey everyone,
Every time i Try to burn a dvd using benq DW1610.. it reboots my pc..
This problem started recently and was fine for about 6 months.. This
problem started since i installed the drivers for Nvidia GeForce Fx5500
i think.. is there any relation between the two or is it just me? I
have 1Gb of ram and 256 mb of video ram. .250 gb of HDD space.. any
ideas? any leads would be helpful.. Thanks

...R
2 answers Last reply
More about benq dw1610 reboots

    "rohan" <rohan208@gmail.com> wrote:

    >hey everyone,
    >Every time i Try to burn a dvd using benq DW1610.. it reboots my pc..
    >This problem started recently and was fine for about 6 months.. This
    >problem started since i installed the drivers for Nvidia GeForce Fx5500
    >i think.. is there any relation between the two or is it just me? I
    >have 1Gb of ram and 256 mb of video ram. .250 gb of HDD space.. any
    >ideas? any leads would be helpful.. Thanks
    >
    >..R

    Open Control Panel - System - Advanced and click on the Settings
    button in the Startup and Recovery (bottom) section.

    In the Startup and Recovery window see if the checkbox for
    "automatically restart" is selected and if so then click on the
    checkbox to clear it then click on Apply and OK as needed to exit.

    If the "automatically restart" checkbox was not selected then
    right-click on My Computer and select Manage. Click on the + sign in
    front of the Event Viewer category in the left side column to expand
    the 3 subcategories. Select each subcategory in turn and browse
    through the events in the right side panel to locate any red-flagged
    error records whose date and time stamp corresponds to your DVD
    restart incidents. Double click on an error record to see the details
    of that error.

    Post the error record details back here if you want further advice or
    assistance with that information.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    http://aumha.org/alex.htm

    In news:1118254957.217483.137770@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com,
    rohan <rohan208@gmail.com> had this to say:

    > hey everyone,
    > Every time i Try to burn a dvd using benq DW1610.. it reboots my pc..
    > This problem started recently and was fine for about 6 months.. This
    > problem started since i installed the drivers for Nvidia GeForce
    > Fx5500 i think.. is there any relation between the two or is it just
    > me? I have 1Gb of ram and 256 mb of video ram. .250 gb of HDD space..
    > any ideas? any leads would be helpful.. Thanks
    >
    > ..R

    Start with this:

    WinKey + Pause Break (or open System from control panel) > click on Advanced
    > Under the Startup and Recovery click on the settings > disable
    automatically rebooting under System Failure. Get the error code the next
    time it happens. Either return with it or Google it.

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

BenQ DVD Windows XP