CD-Rom Drive

June 8, 2005 4:42:09 PM

How do I reset my Cd-Rom Drive back to when I first got it. Right now the
settings are all messed up and when i put a program or game in the drive it
does not auto play, and there is no option for those types of cds in the
autoplay section of the properties window. I have to open a viewer and search
the cd for the install tool. I just wish it would auto run like it used to.
PLEASE HELP. It slows me down and is driving me crazy.

More about : rom drive

Anonymous
June 9, 2005 6:48:04 AM

Check at Kelly's http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm Select A
and scroll to Autoplay
"thelammersman" <thelammersman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D F1CD74A-F7FE-443E-8D6B-E20BA97F8616@microsoft.com...
> How do I reset my Cd-Rom Drive back to when I first got it. Right now the
> settings are all messed up and when i put a program or game in the drive
> it
> does not auto play, and there is no option for those types of cds in the
> autoplay section of the properties window. I have to open a viewer and
> search
> the cd for the install tool. I just wish it would auto run like it used
> to.
> PLEASE HELP. It slows me down and is driving me crazy.
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 10:42:02 PM

try this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330135

!