New Video Card, No Wake Up From Standby On S2460 - Help Pls

scot

Hi Everybody,

Just installed a new video card. Went from a Leadtek GeForce 3 TI200 to a
Leadtek GeForce FX5700. Using the same driver. Only difference besides the
cards themselves, was I went from an analog output to a DVI output. But now
my computer will not wake up from standby mode. Using a S2460 with 1900MP's.
Any idea's on how to fix this?
Thanks!
Scot

miloman

"Scot" <nowhere@man.com> wrote in message
> Hi Everybody,
>
> Just installed a new video card. Went from a Leadtek GeForce 3 TI200 to a
> Leadtek GeForce FX5700. Using the same driver. Only difference besides the
> cards themselves, was I went from an analog output to a DVI output. But
now
> my computer will not wake up from standby mode. Using a S2460 with
1900MP's.
> Any idea's on how to fix this?

I'd suspect the PSU. The fx5700 probably needs more juice....
Paul.

scot

Will swapping to a larger PSU give the AGP slot more juice, thus fixing the
problem?
Thanks,
Scot

"Miloman" wrote
> I'd suspect the PSU. The fx5700 probably needs more juice....
> Paul.
>

> "Scot" wrote in message
> > Hi Everybody,
> >
> > Just installed a new video card. Went from a Leadtek GeForce 3 TI200 to
> > Leadtek GeForce FX5700. Using the same driver. Only difference besides
the
> > cards themselves, was I went from an analog output to a DVI output. But
> now
> > my computer will not wake up from standby mode. Using a S2460 with
> 1900MP's.
> > Any idea's on how to fix this?

miloman

Probably. What psu are you using now?

Might wanna try to switch to FSB 200 instead of 266 to see if your rig will
POST.
Or disconnect as many devices as possible.
Paul.

> Will swapping to a larger PSU give the AGP slot more juice, thus fixing
the
> problem?
> Thanks,
> Scot
>
> "Miloman" wrote
> > I'd suspect the PSU. The fx5700 probably needs more juice....
> > Paul.
> >

> > "Scot" wrote in message
> > > Hi Everybody,
> > >
> > > Just installed a new video card. Went from a Leadtek GeForce 3 TI200
> > > Leadtek GeForce FX5700. Using the same driver. Only difference besides
> the
> > > cards themselves, was I went from an analog output to a DVI output.
But
> > now
> > > my computer will not wake up from standby mode. Using a S2460 with
> > 1900MP's.
> > > Any idea's on how to fix this?

scot

I am using a Enermax 431W EG465P-VE 430 watt PSU.
The computer works great. It posts and functions completely normal, except
for the fact that if it sits long enough so that Windows turns off the
monitor (set at 30mins), it will not wake back up. If I let the screensaver
run (even overnight), the computer is fine.
Thanks for your help.
Scot

"Miloman" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> Probably. What psu are you using now?
>
> Might wanna try to switch to FSB 200 instead of 266 to see if your rig
will
> POST.
> Or disconnect as many devices as possible.
> Paul.
>
> "Scot" <nowhere@man.com> wrote in message
> > Will swapping to a larger PSU give the AGP slot more juice, thus fixing
> the
> > problem?
> > Thanks,
> > Scot
> >
> > "Miloman" wrote
> > > I'd suspect the PSU. The fx5700 probably needs more juice....
> > > Paul.
> > >

> > > "Scot" wrote in message

> > the
> But
> > > now
> > > 1900MP's.

miloman

Bad news: http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=265196
Looks like a no go...... sorry.
Paul

> I am using a Enermax 431W EG465P-VE 430 watt PSU.
> The computer works great. It posts and functions completely normal, except
> for the fact that if it sits long enough so that Windows turns off the
> monitor (set at 30mins), it will not wake back up. If I let the
screensaver
> run (even overnight), the computer is fine.
> Thanks for your help.
> Scot
>

> "Miloman" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> > Probably. What psu are you using now?
> >
> > Might wanna try to switch to FSB 200 instead of 266 to see if your rig
> will
> > POST.
> > Or disconnect as many devices as possible.
> > Paul.
> >
> > "Scot" <nowhere@man.com> wrote in message
> > > Will swapping to a larger PSU give the AGP slot more juice, thus
fixing
> > the
> > > problem?
> > > Thanks,