New Video Card, No Wake Up From Standby On S2460 - Help Pls

Hi Everybody,

Just installed a new video card. Went from a Leadtek GeForce 3 TI200 to a
Leadtek GeForce FX5700. Using the same driver. Only difference besides the
cards themselves, was I went from an analog output to a DVI output. But now
my computer will not wake up from standby mode. Using a S2460 with 1900MP's.
Any idea's on how to fix this?
Thanks!
Scot
6 answers Last reply
More about video card wake standby s2460
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    "Scot" <nowhere@man.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Everybody,
    >
    > Just installed a new video card. Went from a Leadtek GeForce 3 TI200 to a
    > Leadtek GeForce FX5700. Using the same driver. Only difference besides the
    > cards themselves, was I went from an analog output to a DVI output. But
    now
    > my computer will not wake up from standby mode. Using a S2460 with
    1900MP's.
    > Any idea's on how to fix this?

    I'd suspect the PSU. The fx5700 probably needs more juice....
    Paul.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    Will swapping to a larger PSU give the AGP slot more juice, thus fixing the
    problem?
    Thanks,
    Scot

    "Miloman" wrote
    > I'd suspect the PSU. The fx5700 probably needs more juice....
    > Paul.
    >

    > "Scot" wrote in message
    > > Hi Everybody,
    > >
    > > Just installed a new video card. Went from a Leadtek GeForce 3 TI200 to
    > > Leadtek GeForce FX5700. Using the same driver. Only difference besides
    the
    > > cards themselves, was I went from an analog output to a DVI output. But
    > now
    > > my computer will not wake up from standby mode. Using a S2460 with
    > 1900MP's.
    > > Any idea's on how to fix this?
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    Probably. What psu are you using now?

    Might wanna try to switch to FSB 200 instead of 266 to see if your rig will
    POST.
    Or disconnect as many devices as possible.
    Paul.

    > Will swapping to a larger PSU give the AGP slot more juice, thus fixing
    the
    > problem?
    > Thanks,
    > Scot
    >
    > "Miloman" wrote
    > > I'd suspect the PSU. The fx5700 probably needs more juice....
    > > Paul.
    > >

    > > "Scot" wrote in message
    > > > Hi Everybody,
    > > >
    > > > Just installed a new video card. Went from a Leadtek GeForce 3 TI200
    > > > Leadtek GeForce FX5700. Using the same driver. Only difference besides
    > the
    > > > cards themselves, was I went from an analog output to a DVI output.
    But
    > > now
    > > > my computer will not wake up from standby mode. Using a S2460 with
    > > 1900MP's.
    > > > Any idea's on how to fix this?

  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    I am using a Enermax 431W EG465P-VE 430 watt PSU.
    The computer works great. It posts and functions completely normal, except
    for the fact that if it sits long enough so that Windows turns off the
    monitor (set at 30mins), it will not wake back up. If I let the screensaver
    run (even overnight), the computer is fine.
    Thanks for your help.
    Scot

    "Miloman" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > Probably. What psu are you using now?
    >
    > Might wanna try to switch to FSB 200 instead of 266 to see if your rig
    will
    > POST.
    > Or disconnect as many devices as possible.
    > Paul.
    >
    > "Scot" <nowhere@man.com> wrote in message
    > > Will swapping to a larger PSU give the AGP slot more juice, thus fixing
    > the
    > > problem?
    > > Thanks,
    > > Scot
    > >
    > > "Miloman" wrote
    > > > I'd suspect the PSU. The fx5700 probably needs more juice....
    > > > Paul.
    > > >

    > > > "Scot" wrote in message

    > > the
    > But
    > > > now
    > > > 1900MP's.

  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    Bad news: http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=265196
    Looks like a no go...... sorry.
    Paul

    > I am using a Enermax 431W EG465P-VE 430 watt PSU.
    > The computer works great. It posts and functions completely normal, except
    > for the fact that if it sits long enough so that Windows turns off the
    > monitor (set at 30mins), it will not wake back up. If I let the
    screensaver
    > run (even overnight), the computer is fine.
    > Thanks for your help.
    > Scot
    >

    > "Miloman" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > > Probably. What psu are you using now?
    > >
    > > Might wanna try to switch to FSB 200 instead of 266 to see if your rig
    > will
    > > POST.
    > > Or disconnect as many devices as possible.
    > > Paul.
    > >
    > > "Scot" <nowhere@man.com> wrote in message
    > > > Will swapping to a larger PSU give the AGP slot more juice, thus
    fixing
    > > the
    > > > problem?
    > > > Thanks,
    > > > Scot
    > > >
    > > > "Miloman" wrote

    TI200
    > besides
    > > > the
    > > But

  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    Rats!

    > Bad news: http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=265196
    > Looks like a no go...... sorry.
    > Paul
    >
    > "Scot" <nowhere@man.com> wrote in message
    > > I am using a Enermax 431W EG465P-VE 430 watt PSU.
    > > The computer works great. It posts and functions completely normal,
    except
    > > for the fact that if it sits long enough so that Windows turns off the
    > > monitor (set at 30mins), it will not wake back up. If I let the
    > screensaver
    > > run (even overnight), the computer is fine.
    > > Thanks for your help.
    > > Scot
    > >

    > > "Miloman" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > > > Probably. What psu are you using now?
    > > >
    > > > Might wanna try to switch to FSB 200 instead of 266 to see if your rig
    > > will
    > > > POST.
    > > > Or disconnect as many devices as possible.
    > > > Paul.
    > > >
    > > > "Scot" <nowhere@man.com> wrote in message
    > fixing
    > > > the

    > TI200
    > > besides
    > output.
    > > > But

Graphics Cards Leadtek Geforce Motherboards