Crackeling and clicking noise through speakers

June 8, 2005 6:15:13 PM

I get a crackeling noise and constant clicking in my left front speaker.
When I click on a program or a link in a web page the noise gets louder
and faster. It sounds as if the clicking is coinciding with my clock as
it sounds like it's approximately every second. When I disconnect the
left front speaker, it reverts to the left rear speaker. I currently
have 5.1 speaker set up and running Win XP Pro SP 2.

More about : crackeling clicking noise speakers

Anonymous
June 8, 2005 6:26:30 PM

Check that the speaker wire to the left front is not touching or crossing
any other wire.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Art" <artmoe@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I get a crackeling noise and constant clicking in my left front speaker.
>When I click on a program or a link in a web page the noise gets louder and
>faster. It sounds as if the clicking is coinciding with my clock as it
>sounds like it's approximately every second. When I disconnect the left
>front speaker, it reverts to the left rear speaker. I currently have 5.1
>speaker set up and running Win XP Pro SP 2.

Anonymous
June 8, 2005 8:59:20 PM

Cari (MS-MVP) wrote:
> Check that the speaker wire to the left front is not touching or crossing
> any other wire.
I went ahead and checked the wires and all is ok. I also re-installed
the drivers for my SB Audigy soundcard. I still get static and crackeling.
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 1:45:22 PM

A few more things you can try:

1) Make sure no internal power cables "pass" over the Audigy sound card.
2) Update to the latest drivers includin chipset drivers
3) Orient the external sound cable away from the power supply.

This has been a documented issue with the first version of Audigy sound
cards, especially when used on Dell computers.

!