Crackeling and clicking noise through speakers

I get a crackeling noise and constant clicking in my left front speaker.
When I click on a program or a link in a web page the noise gets louder
and faster. It sounds as if the clicking is coinciding with my clock as
it sounds like it's approximately every second. When I disconnect the
left front speaker, it reverts to the left rear speaker. I currently
have 5.1 speaker set up and running Win XP Pro SP 2.
3 answers Last reply
More about crackeling clicking noise speakers

    Check that the speaker wire to the left front is not touching or crossing
    any other wire.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    Cari (MS-MVP) wrote:
    > Check that the speaker wire to the left front is not touching or crossing
    > any other wire.
    I went ahead and checked the wires and all is ok. I also re-installed
    the drivers for my SB Audigy soundcard. I still get static and crackeling.

    A few more things you can try:

    1) Make sure no internal power cables "pass" over the Audigy sound card.
    2) Update to the latest drivers includin chipset drivers
    3) Orient the external sound cable away from the power supply.

    This has been a documented issue with the first version of Audigy sound
    cards, especially when used on Dell computers.

    "Art" <artmoe@gmail.com> wrote in message news:42A78658.6030006@gmail.com...
    > Cari (MS-MVP) wrote:
    >> Check that the speaker wire to the left front is not touching or crossing
    >> any other wire.
    > I went ahead and checked the wires and all is ok. I also re-installed the
    > drivers for my SB Audigy soundcard. I still get static and crackeling.

Hardware Speakers Microsoft Windows XP