Executable file Question

I've got a strange problem, first when I put a auto running CD in my DVD ROM
from Toshiba it just brings up a command prompt with a blinking cursor.

The same thing happens with setup files I try to open as well that I've put
on my desktop, anyone know what's going on?

Sounds like the association for .exe files may be wrong.
Fix is available here

Regards
Mark Dormer

"eric77eng" <eric77eng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've got a strange problem, first when I put a auto running CD in my DVD
ROM
> from Toshiba it just brings up a command prompt with a blinking cursor.
>
> The same thing happens with setup files I try to open as well that I've
put
> on my desktop, anyone know what's going on?

thanks I'll try that out when I get home, looks like it might be what's
happening, just don't know how it got that way, it's a brand new
installation.

"Mark Dormer" wrote:

> Sounds like the association for .exe files may be wrong.
> Fix is available here
> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm
>
> Regards
> Mark Dormer
>

> "eric77eng" <eric77eng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've got a strange problem, first when I put a auto running CD in my DVD
> ROM
> > from Toshiba it just brings up a command prompt with a blinking cursor.
> >
> > The same thing happens with setup files I try to open as well that I've
> put
> > on my desktop, anyone know what's going on?

TRENDING THREADS