Fan recommendations for S2466 and MP2400s?

Hello all. I upgraded to MP2400s and I've started to worry about the
temperature on these. They've been running at 41 - 45 degrees Celsius. Is
that too high? In a hot day with no A/C running I saw them go up to 47C.

Could you please share any recommendations for great fans/cooling systems
that work well with this mobo? Quieter a plus.

Thanks a lot...

JL
6 answers Last reply
More about recommendations s2466 mp2400s
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    JL wrote:

    > Hello all. I upgraded to MP2400s and I've started to worry about the
    > temperature on these. They've been running at 41 - 45 degrees Celsius. Is
    > that too high? In a hot day with no A/C running I saw them go up to 47C.
    >
    > Could you please share any recommendations for great fans/cooling systems
    > that work well with this mobo? Quieter a plus.
    >
    > Thanks a lot...
    >
    > JL

    Sounds to me like you are getting *excellent* temps.
    Unless you want to try for something quieter I say,
    "If it ain't broke ..."
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    "Rob Stow" <rob.stow@sasktel.net> wrote in message
    > Sounds to me like you are getting *excellent* temps.
    > Unless you want to try for something quieter I say,
    > "If it ain't broke ..."

    Really? If I did not turn the A/C on in my office in one of these hot days
    in the northeast I can imagine the things going to 50 degrees. What would
    you say is the temp at which I should start worrying?

    Thanks for the good news...!

    JL
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    I wouldn't worry unless you are going above 70 c.

    "JL" <jl@nospam.org> wrote in message

    > "Rob Stow" <rob.stow@sasktel.net> wrote in message
    > > Sounds to me like you are getting *excellent* temps.
    > > Unless you want to try for something quieter I say,
    > > "If it ain't broke ..."
    >
    > Really? If I did not turn the A/C on in my office in one of these hot days
    > in the northeast I can imagine the things going to 50 degrees. What would
    > you say is the temp at which I should start worrying?
    >
    > Thanks for the good news...!
    >
    > JL

  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    Kaptain Kludge wrote:

    > I wouldn't worry unless you are going above 70 c.

    An Athlon is quite happy at 70'C. One system I built
    with a fanless Zalman flower cooler had the temp jump
    from 53'C to 81'C when I upgraded from an XP1900+ to
    a 3000+ - and it has been happily running at 81'C for
    four months now.

    The official worry line for the Thoroughbred cored
    chips is 90'C. For the Barton cored chips it is 85'C.

    > "JL" <jl@nospam.org> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Rob Stow" <rob.stow@sasktel.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Sounds to me like you are getting *excellent* temps.
    >>>Unless you want to try for something quieter I say,
    >>>"If it ain't broke ..."
    >>
    >>Really? If I did not turn the A/C on in my office in one of these hot days
    >>in the northeast I can imagine the things going to 50 degrees. What would
    >>you say is the temp at which I should start worrying?
    >>
    >>Thanks for the good news...!
    >>
    >>JL

  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    JL <jl@nospam.org> wrote:
    : Hello all. I upgraded to MP2400s and I've started to worry about the
    : temperature on these. They've been running at 41 - 45 degrees Celsius. Is
    : that too high? In a hot day with no A/C running I saw them go up to 47C.
    :
    Really? 45C? Dang! My 2600MP's, with the AMD OEM fans, run at
    60 - 65C.

    Bruce
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    silverados will give you that sort of temp very quietly
    flowers are excellent coolers on single cpu machines but never tried em on a
    dual
    dr ratt

    > Kaptain Kludge wrote:
    >
    > > I wouldn't worry unless you are going above 70 c.
    >
    > An Athlon is quite happy at 70'C. One system I built
    > with a fanless Zalman flower cooler had the temp jump
    > from 53'C to 81'C when I upgraded from an XP1900+ to
    > a 3000+ - and it has been happily running at 81'C for
    > four months now.
    >
    > The official worry line for the Thoroughbred cored
    > chips is 90'C. For the Barton cored chips it is 85'C.
    >

    > > "JL" <jl@nospam.org> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>"Rob Stow" <rob.stow@sasktel.net> wrote in message

    > >>Really? If I did not turn the A/C on in my office in one of these hot
    days
    > >>in the northeast I can imagine the things going to 50 degrees. What
    would
    > >>you say is the temp at which I should start worrying?
    > >>
    > >>Thanks for the good news...!
    > >>
    > >>JL

Fan Motherboards