Fan recommendations for S2466 and MP2400s?

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
May 19, 2004 11:54:02 PM

Hello all. I upgraded to MP2400s and I've started to worry about the
temperature on these. They've been running at 41 - 45 degrees Celsius. Is
that too high? In a hot day with no A/C running I saw them go up to 47C.

Could you please share any recommendations for great fans/cooling systems
that work well with this mobo? Quieter a plus.

Thanks a lot...

JL
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 19, 2004 11:54:03 PM

JL wrote:

> Hello all. I upgraded to MP2400s and I've started to worry about the
> temperature on these. They've been running at 41 - 45 degrees Celsius. Is
> that too high? In a hot day with no A/C running I saw them go up to 47C.
>
> Could you please share any recommendations for great fans/cooling systems
> that work well with this mobo? Quieter a plus.
>
> Thanks a lot...
>
> JL

Sounds to me like you are getting *excellent* temps.
Unless you want to try for something quieter I say,
"If it ain't broke ..."
May 20, 2004 1:10:24 AM

"Rob Stow" <rob.stow@sasktel.net> wrote in message
> Sounds to me like you are getting *excellent* temps.
> Unless you want to try for something quieter I say,
> "If it ain't broke ..."

Really? If I did not turn the A/C on in my office in one of these hot days
in the northeast I can imagine the things going to 50 degrees. What would
you say is the temp at which I should start worrying?

Thanks for the good news...!

JL
a b V Motherboard
May 21, 2004 3:10:27 AM

I wouldn't worry unless you are going above 70 c.

"JL" <jl@nospam.org> wrote in message

> "Rob Stow" <rob.stow@sasktel.net> wrote in message
> > Sounds to me like you are getting *excellent* temps.
> > Unless you want to try for something quieter I say,
> > "If it ain't broke ..."
>
> Really? If I did not turn the A/C on in my office in one of these hot days
> in the northeast I can imagine the things going to 50 degrees. What would
> you say is the temp at which I should start worrying?
>
> Thanks for the good news...!
>
> JL

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 21, 2004 3:10:28 AM

Kaptain Kludge wrote:

> I wouldn't worry unless you are going above 70 c.

An Athlon is quite happy at 70'C. One system I built
with a fanless Zalman flower cooler had the temp jump
from 53'C to 81'C when I upgraded from an XP1900+ to
a 3000+ - and it has been happily running at 81'C for
four months now.

The official worry line for the Thoroughbred cored
chips is 90'C. For the Barton cored chips it is 85'C.

> "JL" <jl@nospam.org> wrote in message
>
>>"Rob Stow" <rob.stow@sasktel.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>Sounds to me like you are getting *excellent* temps.
>>>Unless you want to try for something quieter I say,
>>>"If it ain't broke ..."
>>
>>Really? If I did not turn the A/C on in my office in one of these hot days
>>in the northeast I can imagine the things going to 50 degrees. What would
>>you say is the temp at which I should start worrying?
>>
>>Thanks for the good news...!
>>
>>JL

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 21, 2004 3:39:20 AM

JL <jl@nospam.org> wrote:
: Hello all. I upgraded to MP2400s and I've started to worry about the
: temperature on these. They've been running at 41 - 45 degrees Celsius. Is
: that too high? In a hot day with no A/C running I saw them go up to 47C.
:
Really? 45C? Dang! My 2600MP's, with the AMD OEM fans, run at
60 - 65C.

Bruce
a b V Motherboard
June 7, 2004 2:20:24 AM

silverados will give you that sort of temp very quietly
flowers are excellent coolers on single cpu machines but never tried em on a
dual
dr ratt

!