audio sound on dvd video loses voice

Issues:
1. I can play DVD movies on my computer. The music is usually loud but the
voices can hardly be heard.

2. The sound on the DVD is higher pitched (faster) than the original sound.
I presume that the movie also is playing the video portion faster -- cause
video is in sync with the audio

3. Likewise, if I play a music CD. The music pitch is higher by 25%

4. MIDI sound on the internal synthesizer also plays high pitched.

How do I start figuring out what the problem is?
Its a new XP Computer using AMD Athlon 64 processor
on a MSI Geo4 K8N Neo4 motherboard.

I haven't tweaked any motherboard or video processing speeds. And the
multimedia timer seems to be operating at the correct speed.

Thanks for any and all help
Mike Whitney

Incorrect sound card drivers will cause these symptoms. Start by
determining the sound hardware and then getting the correct drivers and
installing them.

mike whitney wrote:

> Issues:
> 1. I can play DVD movies on my computer. The music is usually loud but the
> voices can hardly be heard.
>
> 2. The sound on the DVD is higher pitched (faster) than the original sound.
> I presume that the movie also is playing the video portion faster -- cause
> video is in sync with the audio
>
> 3. Likewise, if I play a music CD. The music pitch is higher by 25%
>
> 4. MIDI sound on the internal synthesizer also plays high pitched.
>
> How do I start figuring out what the problem is?
> Its a new XP Computer using AMD Athlon 64 processor
> on a MSI Geo4 K8N Neo4 motherboard.
>
> I haven't tweaked any motherboard or video processing speeds. And the
> multimedia timer seems to be operating at the correct speed.
>
> Thanks for any and all help
> Mike Whitney

Thanks.

I guess I figured at first that the driver would be okay since it cane on
the CD with the motherboard.
Everything sounds great now that I have the updated driver.