Bootup stops after memory check (Tyan trinity 400, s1854)

Hi,
I have a Trinity 400 that once worked fine, but now it only boots up to the
point where it finishes checking memory and then stops. I've tried changing
the cmos battery, a different (more powerful) power supply, disconnecting
almost all drives, but still nothing doing.
Does anyone have any ideas on what I might try next, or what might be
causing this? Thanks.
Peter Cowie
memory: 640k, CPU 733 slot 1, AGP video

---
More about bootup stops memory check tyan trinity s1854
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    res0r89p wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I have a Trinity 400 that once worked fine, but now it only boots up to
    > the point where it finishes checking memory and then stops. I've tried
    > changing the cmos battery, a different (more powerful) power supply,
    > disconnecting almost all drives, but still nothing doing.
    > Does anyone have any ideas on what I might try next, or what might be
    > causing this? Thanks.
    > Peter Cowie
    > memory: 640k, CPU 733 slot 1, AGP video

    Have you tried a different keyboard? If the bios is set to halt on all
    errors, a bad keyboard could prevent it from booting. I've also come across
    a bad surface mounted coil in the 5v power trace for the keyboard circuit
    that prevented a board from booting.

    Eric
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    In article <40AC3293.C093B383@spam.now>, say.no@spam.now says...
    > res0r89p wrote:
    > >
    > > Hi,
    > > I have a Trinity 400 that once worked fine, but now it only boots up to
    > > the point where it finishes checking memory and then stops. I've tried
    > > changing the cmos battery, a different (more powerful) power supply,
    > > disconnecting almost all drives, but still nothing doing.
    > > Does anyone have any ideas on what I might try next, or what might be
    > > causing this? Thanks.
    > > Peter Cowie

    I had a similar symptom when I first put together my system (Trinity
    i7205 (S2662). In my case it was due to the floppy drive connector
    being not fully plugged in at the diskette drive connector.
    --

    The address vga@not.net is not my real return address

    Vic

Tyan Trinity Memory Motherboards