Help - Mobile Phone / Modem Error

My son has a new mobile phone (v220) and I am trying to set it up using
motorola phone tools.

I keep getting the "windows was unable to install the modem" error.

I have checked out the microsoft site and it suggests that a registry
entry is missing. (Article id 883356)
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=883356

I used regedit and discovered that all the records the proposed solution
highlighted were actually there (although I deleted, restarted, and
re-added just for good measure).

I have also updated the motherboard drivers and tried again.

I have unintslled and re-installed MPT and still the same problem.

Also using the latest drivers for the phone but it never gets as far as
using them.

I am still getting the same error and am now at a loss, Any suggestions
?

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

How are you connecing to the phone?

"lurkio" <dave.brown> wrote in message
> My son has a new mobile phone (v220) and I am trying to set it up using
> motorola phone tools.
>
> I keep getting the "windows was unable to install the modem" error.
>
> I have checked out the microsoft site and it suggests that a registry
> entry is missing. (Article id 883356)
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=883356
>

> I used regedit and discovered that all the records the proposed solution
> highlighted were actually there (although I deleted, restarted, and
> re-added just for good measure).
>
> I have also updated the motherboard drivers and tried again.
>
> I have unintslled and re-installed MPT and still the same problem.
>
> Also using the latest drivers for the phone but it never gets as far as
> using them.
>
> I am still getting the same error and am now at a loss, Any suggestions
> ?

via usb cable