Help - Mobile Phone / Modem Error

My son has a new mobile phone (v220) and I am trying to set it up using
motorola phone tools.

I keep getting the "windows was unable to install the modem" error.

I have checked out the microsoft site and it suggests that a registry
entry is missing. (Article id 883356)
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=883356

I used regedit and discovered that all the records the proposed solution
highlighted were actually there (although I deleted, restarted, and
re-added just for good measure).

I have also updated the motherboard drivers and tried again.

I have unintslled and re-installed MPT and still the same problem.

Also using the latest drivers for the phone but it never gets as far as
using them.

I am still getting the same error and am now at a loss, Any suggestions
?
2
answers
Last reply
More about help mobile phone modem error

    How are you connecing to the phone?

    "lurkio" <dave.brown> wrote in message
    > My son has a new mobile phone (v220) and I am trying to set it up using
    > motorola phone tools.
    >
    > I keep getting the "windows was unable to install the modem" error.
    >
    > I have checked out the microsoft site and it suggests that a registry
    > entry is missing. (Article id 883356)
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=883356
    >

    > I used regedit and discovered that all the records the proposed solution
    > highlighted were actually there (although I deleted, restarted, and
    > re-added just for good measure).
    >
    > I have also updated the motherboard drivers and tried again.
    >
    > I have unintslled and re-installed MPT and still the same problem.
    >
    > Also using the latest drivers for the phone but it never gets as far as
    > using them.
    >
    > I am still getting the same error and am now at a loss, Any suggestions
    > ?

    via usb cable

    "Neil" <neil@funkcity.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    > How are you connecing to the phone?
    >

    > "lurkio" <dave.brown> wrote in message
    >> My son has a new mobile phone (v220) and I am trying to set it up using
    >> motorola phone tools.
    >>
    >> I keep getting the "windows was unable to install the modem" error.
    >>
    >> I have checked out the microsoft site and it suggests that a registry
    >> entry is missing. (Article id 883356)
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=883356
    >>

    >> I used regedit and discovered that all the records the proposed solution
    >> highlighted were actually there (although I deleted, restarted, and
    >> re-added just for good measure).
    >>
    >> I have also updated the motherboard drivers and tried again.
    >>
    >> I have unintslled and re-installed MPT and still the same problem.
    >>
    >> Also using the latest drivers for the phone but it never gets as far as
    >> using them.
    >>
    >> I am still getting the same error and am now at a loss, Any suggestions
    >> ?

Mobile Phones Windows XP