Motherboard version(Trinity 400/Tyan 1854), where to find ..

Hi,
I can't find my original Tyan 1854 box and I need to know which version of
the board I have and where to find that info on the board itself so I can
order a bios chip.. All I know is that my board suports only Slot 1(2?) and
Celeron socket 370 cpus. I bought it in 1999. I have a 733 slot 1 cpu in
it.Thanks. By the way, the board won't fully boot now and I can't get into
Bios setup at all.
Peter Cowie

---

Gene

"res0r89p" <res0r89p@verizon.net> wrote in message news:<aAarc.9991$r6.2448@nwrddc03.gnilink.net>...
> Hi,
> I can't find my original Tyan 1854 box and I need to know which version of
> the board I have and where to find that info on the board itself so I can
> order a bios chip.. All I know is that my board suports only Slot 1(2?) and
> Celeron socket 370 cpus. I bought it in 1999. I have a 733 slot 1 cpu in
> it.Thanks. By the way, the board won't fully boot now and I can't get into
> Bios setup at all.
> Peter Cowie

try google groups... "clearing the CMOS" s1854
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&safe=off&q=%22clearing+the+CMOS%22+s1854&btnG=Search

http://www.tyan.com/support/html/clear_cmos.html

it's easy to find see where the mobo version nos. are... stay tuned.

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

res0r89p wrote:

> Hi,
> I can't find my original Tyan 1854 box and I need to know which version
> of the board I have and where to find that info on the board itself so I
> can order a bios chip.. All I know is that my board suports only Slot
> 1(2?) and Celeron socket 370 cpus. I bought it in 1999. I have a 733 slot
> 1 cpu in it. Thanks. By the way, the board won't fully boot now and I
> can't get into Bios setup at all.
> Peter Cowie

By the way, have you tried a different stick of memory or cpu?

Eric