PSP Mame

I'm sure someone is working on this, but does anyone know anything?

"Spawn Of Satan" <imbeingrepressed@gmail.com> wrote in frenzy of gak
fuelled meyhem news:1113513312.193272.193590@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> I'm sure someone is working on this, but does anyone know anything?

yes, No-one is.

Why? because the hardware is worse than a PS2.. & you dont see a version of
mame for ps2 do you?

JC

El Rossi wrote:
> "Spawn Of Satan" <imbeingrepressed@gmail.com> wrote in frenzy of gak
> fuelled meyhem news:1113513312.193272.193590@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
>

>>I'm sure someone is working on this, but does anyone know anything?
>>

> yes, No-one is.
>
> Why? because the hardware is worse than a PS2.. & you dont see a version of
> mame for ps2 do you?

Well...

http://playstation2-linux.com/projects/xmameps2/
http://ps2emu.dcemu.co.uk/ps2mame.shtml
http://www.richpsx.com/playstation2/utilities.html

Google tells me there is.

"Mosquito2001" <"m[N]o[o]sq[P]u[A]i[M]to2001"@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> JC said the following on 15/04/2005 0:51:
>>
>> http://playstation2-linux.com/projects/xmameps2/
>> http://ps2emu.dcemu.co.uk/ps2mame.shtml
>> http://www.richpsx.com/playstation2/utilities.html
>>
>> Google tells me there is.
> They only run very old games with frameskipping enabled. Remember that the
> ps2's cpu is only 200MHz clocked.
> The PSP is slower than a real ps2 and it's very protected against homebrew
> code.

Wrong, its main cpu clock speed goes upto 333MHz.

JC

Mosquito2001 wrote:
> JC said the following on 15/04/2005 0:51:
>

>> http://playstation2-linux.com/projects/xmameps2/
>> http://ps2emu.dcemu.co.uk/ps2mame.shtml
>> http://www.richpsx.com/playstation2/utilities.html
>>
>> Google tells me there is.
>
> They only run very old games with frameskipping enabled. Remember that
> the ps2's cpu is only 200MHz clocked.
> The PSP is slower than a real ps2 and it's very protected against
> homebrew code.

While al of this may be true, the original statement that there wasn't a
PS2 version of MAME is inaccurate.

Even if it was MAME .01 running on a PS2, it is still MAME. It may not
emulate the KOF games you desire, but it is still MAME.