PSP Mame

I'm sure someone is working on this, but does anyone know anything?
5 answers Last reply
More about mame

    "Spawn Of Satan" <imbeingrepressed@gmail.com> wrote in frenzy of gak
    fuelled meyhem news:1113513312.193272.193590@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > I'm sure someone is working on this, but does anyone know anything?

    yes, No-one is.

    Why? because the hardware is worse than a PS2.. & you dont see a version of
    mame for ps2 do you?

    El Rossi wrote:
    > "Spawn Of Satan" <imbeingrepressed@gmail.com> wrote in frenzy of gak
    > fuelled meyhem news:1113513312.193272.193590@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
    >

    >>I'm sure someone is working on this, but does anyone know anything?
    >>

    > yes, No-one is.
    >
    > Why? because the hardware is worse than a PS2.. & you dont see a version of
    > mame for ps2 do you?

    Well...

    http://playstation2-linux.com/projects/xmameps2/
    http://ps2emu.dcemu.co.uk/ps2mame.shtml
    http://www.richpsx.com/playstation2/utilities.html

    Google tells me there is.

    JC said the following on 15/04/2005 0:51:

    > http://playstation2-linux.com/projects/xmameps2/
    > http://ps2emu.dcemu.co.uk/ps2mame.shtml
    > http://www.richpsx.com/playstation2/utilities.html
    >
    > Google tells me there is.
    They only run very old games with frameskipping enabled. Remember that
    the ps2's cpu is only 200MHz clocked.
    The PSP is slower than a real ps2 and it's very protected against
    homebrew code.

    "Mosquito2001" <"m[N]o[o]sq[P]u[A]i[M]to2001"@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > JC said the following on 15/04/2005 0:51:
    >>
    >> http://playstation2-linux.com/projects/xmameps2/
    >> http://ps2emu.dcemu.co.uk/ps2mame.shtml
    >> http://www.richpsx.com/playstation2/utilities.html
    >>
    >> Google tells me there is.
    > They only run very old games with frameskipping enabled. Remember that the
    > ps2's cpu is only 200MHz clocked.
    > The PSP is slower than a real ps2 and it's very protected against homebrew
    > code.

    Wrong, its main cpu clock speed goes upto 333MHz.

    Mosquito2001 wrote:
    > JC said the following on 15/04/2005 0:51:
    >

    >> http://playstation2-linux.com/projects/xmameps2/
    >> http://ps2emu.dcemu.co.uk/ps2mame.shtml
    >> http://www.richpsx.com/playstation2/utilities.html
    >>
    >> Google tells me there is.
    >
    > They only run very old games with frameskipping enabled. Remember that
    > the ps2's cpu is only 200MHz clocked.
    > The PSP is slower than a real ps2 and it's very protected against
    > homebrew code.

    While al of this may be true, the original statement that there wasn't a
    PS2 version of MAME is inaccurate.

    Even if it was MAME .01 running on a PS2, it is still MAME. It may not
    emulate the KOF games you desire, but it is still MAME.

PlayStation Games Video Games