Wireless without a router!

All,

I have a pc connected directly to the web, via a cable modem. In the pc is
a wireless card.
I have a laptop with a wireless card also.
I have setup a wireless network using XP Pro SP2, and made sure that i have
created an ad hoc connection between the two machines.

The Pc picks ups the wireless conncetion ok, within the pc that is if you
get my drift.
The laptop doesn't see the network in the Wireless Network Connection pane,
but the actual wireless network connection in Network Connections says that
it is connected, and gives an IP and subnet...

Now, do il et the IP's for both cards be assigned automatically, or should i
manually assign the IP's.

Also, i have enabled ICS on the connection that goes directly to the
internet/ allowing for access for the wireless setup; is that correct?

Any help much appreciated!

CeNo.

"CeNo" <seanoevil@REMOVEMYSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
> All,
>
> I have a pc connected directly to the web, via a cable modem. In the pc
> is a wireless card.
> I have a laptop with a wireless card also.
> I have setup a wireless network using XP Pro SP2, and made sure that i
> have created an ad hoc connection between the two machines.
>
> The Pc picks ups the wireless conncetion ok, within the pc that is if you
> get my drift.
> The laptop doesn't see the network in the Wireless Network Connection
> pane, but the actual wireless network connection in Network Connections
> says that it is connected, and gives an IP and subnet...
>
> Now, do il et the IP's for both cards be assigned automatically, or should
> i manually assign the IP's.
>
> Also, i have enabled ICS on the connection that goes directly to the
> internet/ allowing for access for the wireless setup; is that correct?
>
> Sorry, forgot to add, that I still cannot get web access from the laptop;
> everytime i try to refresh networks on the laptop it doesnt pick up the
> pc...

Thanks,

CeNo

Hi