CHANGE BOOT UP ORDER

June 10, 2005 3:21:13 PM

Hello,

I need to do a complete system uninstall of Windows XP Home edition and
delete my partitions and then reinstall Windows XP again. However, my PC
will not let me boot up from my Windows XP disc. I put the disc in the
drive, turned the PC off and restarted and it goes thru a normal start up and
will not boot from the disc. Someone told me that I need to get the PC to go
into CMOS mode and change my boot order, but I am not sure what I need to do
in order to get it into CMOS mode. I have a Dell PC and I am hoping there is
someone out there that can help me with this.

More about : change boot order

Anonymous
June 10, 2005 6:32:19 PM

"How do I enter the BIOS, CMOS, Setup, or System Setup on my Dell™
computer?"
http://tinyurl.com/47acn

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"Kelly Eisenhard" <Kelly Eisenhard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:833DAA0B-9164-41B8-B36C-F84F767B6CF2@microsoft.com...
> Hello,
>
> I need to do a complete system uninstall of Windows XP Home edition and
> delete my partitions and then reinstall Windows XP again. However, my PC
> will not let me boot up from my Windows XP disc. I put the disc in the
> drive, turned the PC off and restarted and it goes thru a normal start up
and
> will not boot from the disc. Someone told me that I need to get the PC to
go
> into CMOS mode and change my boot order, but I am not sure what I need to
do
> in order to get it into CMOS mode. I have a Dell PC and I am hoping there
is
> someone out there that can help me with this.
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 7:01:50 PM

"Kelly Eisenhard" <Kelly Eisenhard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:833DAA0B-9164-41B8-B36C-F84F767B6CF2@microsoft.com...
| Hello,
|
| I need to do a complete system uninstall of Windows XP Home edition and
| delete my partitions and then reinstall Windows XP again. However, my PC
| will not let me boot up from my Windows XP disc. I put the disc in the
| drive, turned the PC off and restarted and it goes thru a normal start up
and
| will not boot from the disc. Someone told me that I need to get the PC to
go
| into CMOS mode and change my boot order, but I am not sure what I need to
do
| in order to get it into CMOS mode. I have a Dell PC and I am hoping there
is
| someone out there that can help me with this.

How do I enter the BIOS, CMOS, Setup, or System Setup on my DellT computer?
http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/supp...
--
Doug

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.