Modem Conexant 56 Fax, Data, Speakerphone driver problems ..

I've been having problems with my Conexant 56k Fax, Data, Voice, Speakerphone
modem ever since I installed Windows Service Pack 2 recently. After the
installation my modem appeared as " Soft V90 Voice Speakerphone Modem." I
tried using my Windows XP drivers, but it can find them compatible. So, my
urge for help is: What can I do to make my modem appear the way it did - as
before I had Service Pack 2 installed- , so that my Caller ID program show
detected number.
With the drivers Windows Service Pack 2 provided, none of the Caller ID
programs I tried, detect numbers.

Please help if you can ,

Thanks,

Has your computer always had XP installed on it or was it upgraded from a
previous OS.
If XP has always been installed the go to the device manager.
Right Click My Computer>Properties>Hardware>Device Manager>Expand the + sign
by the Sound Devices>Right Click each one and Remove them>Then restart the
computer and let XP reinstall the drivers from the driver cache.
If the computer was upgraded from a previous version of Windows.
http://www.conexant.com/support/md_driverassistance.html

--
Good Day
River Rat

"darkos85" <darkos85@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I've been having problems with my Conexant 56k Fax, Data, Voice,
Speakerphone
modem ever since I installed Windows Service Pack 2 recently. After the
installation my modem appeared as " Soft V90 Voice Speakerphone Modem." I
tried using my Windows XP drivers, but it can find them compatible. So, my
urge for help is: What can I do to make my modem appear the way it did - as
before I had Service Pack 2 installed- , so that my Caller ID program show
detected number.
With the drivers Windows Service Pack 2 provided, none of the Caller ID
programs I tried, detect numbers.

Please help if you can ,

Thanks,

TRENDING THREADS