Modem Conexant 56 Fax, Data, Speakerphone driver problems ..

I've been having problems with my Conexant 56k Fax, Data, Voice, Speakerphone
modem ever since I installed Windows Service Pack 2 recently. After the
installation my modem appeared as " Soft V90 Voice Speakerphone Modem." I
tried using my Windows XP drivers, but it can find them compatible. So, my
urge for help is: What can I do to make my modem appear the way it did - as
before I had Service Pack 2 installed- , so that my Caller ID program show
detected number.
With the drivers Windows Service Pack 2 provided, none of the Caller ID
programs I tried, detect numbers.

Please help if you can ,

Thanks,
1 answer Last reply
More about modem conexant data speakerphone driver problems

    Has your computer always had XP installed on it or was it upgraded from a
    previous OS.
    If XP has always been installed the go to the device manager.
    Right Click My Computer>Properties>Hardware>Device Manager>Expand the + sign
    by the Sound Devices>Right Click each one and Remove them>Then restart the
    computer and let XP reinstall the drivers from the driver cache.
    If the computer was upgraded from a previous version of Windows.
    http://www.conexant.com/support/md_driverassistance.html

    --
    Good Day
    River Rat

    "darkos85" <darkos85@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    I've been having problems with my Conexant 56k Fax, Data, Voice,
    Speakerphone
    modem ever since I installed Windows Service Pack 2 recently. After the
    installation my modem appeared as " Soft V90 Voice Speakerphone Modem." I
    tried using my Windows XP drivers, but it can find them compatible. So, my
    urge for help is: What can I do to make my modem appear the way it did - as
    before I had Service Pack 2 installed- , so that my Caller ID program show
    detected number.
    With the drivers Windows Service Pack 2 provided, none of the Caller ID
    programs I tried, detect numbers.

    Please help if you can ,

    Thanks,

Fax Modem Conexant Windows XP