Media Package, what can I do with it?

Ok, I called Cingular. The MMS unlimited is still available for $20.
But can I use my PDA (Ipaq w/bluetooth and T637) to access the
internet and my email?
Yes, I have T-Mobile now and it is great and free to do all this , BUT
their service isn't available at my home.....Cingular is.....
Can I hook up my home computer to access internet also?
I know this can be done with the pay/kb fees but is it available with
the Media Package so I can control cost without running up minutes
also?

Thanks,
Larry
7 answers Last reply
More about media package

    "Willa Jabir" <SpamNotAllow@spam.net> wrote in message
    | Ok, I called Cingular. The MMS unlimited is still available for $20.
    | But can I use my PDA (Ipaq w/bluetooth and T637) to access the
    | internet and my email?

    Yes

    | Yes, I have T-Mobile now and it is great and free to do all this , BUT
    | their service isn't available at my home.....Cingular is.....
    | Can I hook up my home computer to access internet also?

    Yes

    | I know this can be done with the pay/kb fees but is it available with
    | the Media Package so I can control cost without running up minutes
    | also?

    Yes

    Thanks.....

    > Thanks.....
    > On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 21:14:07 -0400, "Jason Cothran"
    > <reply@board.nomail> wrote:
    >

    > >"Willa Jabir" <SpamNotAllow@spam.net> wrote in message
    > >| Ok, I called Cingular. The MMS unlimited is still available for $20.
    > >| But can I use my PDA (Ipaq w/bluetooth and T637) to access the
    > >| internet and my email?
    > >
    > >Yes
    > >
    > >| Yes, I have T-Mobile now and it is great and free to do all this , BUT
    > >| their service isn't available at my home.....Cingular is.....
    > >| Can I hook up my home computer to access internet also?
    > >
    > >Yes
    > >
    > >| I know this can be done with the pay/kb fees but is it available with
    > >| the Media Package so I can control cost without running up minutes
    > >| also?
    > >
    > >Yes

    I changed to the Media Works package after running up some impressive phone
    bills with an Internet Express plan. After changing I was unable to log onto
    the internet using my V400 as a Modem. After 4 calls to Cingular I was told
    that the Media packages only worked with the phone internet and if I wanted
    to use my PC I would have to sign up for one of the data connect plans.

    I have to say that I am not impressed with the way these services are being
    marketed and supported. All I want to do is to access the internet, from my
    PC via my mobile phone when I do not have access to a network (wireless or
    wired).Surely there is a plan that will let me do this at a reasonable
    price.

    "David" <no.spam@thisaddress.com> wrote in message

    | "Willa Jabir" <SpamNotAllow@spam.net> wrote in message
    | > Thanks.....
    | > On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 21:14:07 -0400, "Jason Cothran"
    | > <reply@board.nomail> wrote:
    | >

    | > >"Willa Jabir" <SpamNotAllow@spam.net> wrote in message
    | > >
    | > >Yes

    BUT

    | > >Yes

    | > >Yes
    | > >

    | I changed to the Media Works package after running up some impressive
    phone
    | bills with an Internet Express plan. After changing I was unable to log
    onto
    | the internet using my V400 as a Modem. After 4 calls to Cingular I was
    told
    | that the Media packages only worked with the phone internet and if I
    wanted
    | to use my PC I would have to sign up for one of the data connect plans.
    |
    | I have to say that I am not impressed with the way these services are
    being
    | marketed and supported. All I want to do is to access the internet, from
    my
    | PC via my mobile phone when I do not have access to a network (wireless or
    | wired).Surely there is a plan that will let me do this at a reasonable
    | price.

    Most of us (including myself) just use MEdia Works for that.

    In article <nX1Kc.4052$pR5.2336@fe2.texas.rr.com>,
    "David" <no.spam@thisaddress.com> wrote:

    > All I want to do is to access the internet, from my
    > PC via my mobile phone when I do not have access to a network (wireless or
    > wired).Surely there is a plan that will let me do this at a reasonable
    > price.

    Yes, no. Its those same data connect plans.

    > | I changed to the Media Works package after running up some impressive
    > phone
    > | bills with an Internet Express plan. After changing I was unable to log
    > onto
    > | the internet using my V400 as a Modem. After 4 calls to Cingular I was
    > told
    > | that the Media packages only worked with the phone internet and if I
    > wanted
    > | to use my PC I would have to sign up for one of the data connect plans.
    > |
    > | I have to say that I am not impressed with the way these services are
    > being
    > | marketed and supported. All I want to do is to access the internet, from
    > my
    > | PC via my mobile phone when I do not have access to a network (wireless
    or
    > | wired).Surely there is a plan that will let me do this at a reasonable
    > | price.
    > |

    > Most of us (including myself) just use MEdia Works for that.

    Can someone suggest who I can contact o get this problem sorted out?

    Thanks,

    David.

    | > | I changed to the Media Works package after running up some impressive
    | > phone
    | > | bills with an Internet Express plan. After changing I was unable to
    log
    | > onto
    | > | the internet using my V400 as a Modem. After 4 calls to Cingular I was
    | > told
    | > | that the Media packages only worked with the phone internet and if I
    | > wanted
    | > | to use my PC I would have to sign up for one of the data connect
    plans.
    | > |
    | > | I have to say that I am not impressed with the way these services are
    | > being
    | > | marketed and supported. All I want to do is to access the internet,
    from
    | > my
    | > | PC via my mobile phone when I do not have access to a network
    (wireless
    | or
    | > | wired).Surely there is a plan that will let me do this at a reasonable
    | > | price.
    | > |
    | > |

    | > Most of us (including myself) just use MEdia Works for that.
    | >

    | Can someone suggest who I can contact o get this problem sorted out?

    Sorry, but I can't help there. I just called CSand added MEdia Works. Then I
    set up my T616 to connect via bluetooth to my laptop and use its GPRS
    connection to browse. Slow (about dial up ... 40-50kbps), but bearable.

Cingular Internet Internet Service Providers Product