floppy drive issue

i know this kinda drive is a bit old but i like to use it. for some reason
if i use the floppy drive in my PC it kinda messes up the floppy. when i
tried writting to the floppy useing the drive it somehow got unformated 2
days later. i know this because the disk was not even readable by another
PC. the other PC could not write to the device or copy from it. then i put
it in my own PC and it just said it was not even formated.

does anyone know how to fix this issue?
1 answer Last reply
More about floppy drive issue

    "Steven Wabik" <Stevenw45@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >i know this kinda drive is a bit old but i like to use it. for some
    >reason if i use the floppy drive in my PC it kinda messes up the
    >floppy. when i tried writting to the floppy useing the drive it somehow
    >got unformated 2 days later. i know this because the disk was not even
    >readable by another PC. the other PC could not write to the device or
    >copy from it. then i put it in my own PC and it just said it was not
    >even formated.
    >
    > does anyone know how to fix this issue?

    Try a new floppy drive. Yours is out of alignment.

Floppy Disk Windows XP