I950 profiles with ACDSee and Canon Easyphoto Print

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

Folks,
I use the canon Easyphoto print for most of my printing needs and its
fabulous at matching inks to paper etc. However, I have purchased and use
ACDSee 6 for file management etc. When I print from that package I get
lousy results. Can anyone advise how I can get the printer setup from Canon
Easyphoto print to ACDSee. I am not particularly bright when it comes to
understanding profiles so if possible keep it simple. Looking forward to
your assistance.

regards

--
Don From Down Under

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 10:30:58 GMT, "Don" <mackie.don@bigpond.com>
wrote:

>Folks,
>I use the canon Easyphoto print for most of my printing needs and its
>fabulous at matching inks to paper etc. However, I have purchased and use
>ACDSee 6 for file management etc. When I print from that package I get
>lousy results. Can anyone advise how I can get the printer setup from Canon
>Easyphoto print to ACDSee. I am not particularly bright when it comes to
>understanding profiles so if possible keep it simple. Looking forward to
>your assistance.
>
>regards

In what respect are the photos lousy from the ACDsee print? Are they
blocky, washed out, casting....??

Explain your lousy results so someone could tell if its perhaps a
profile or perhaps your printing resolution and or resizing problem.

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

Beezer

the results are prints with a strong magenta tinge. All ok in other
respects

regards
Don

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 03:20:44 GMT, "Don" <mackie.don@bigpond.com>
wrote:

>Beezer
>
>the results are prints with a strong magenta tinge. All ok in other
>respects
>
>regards
>Don

ok you have a basic cast problem. I use ACDsee 6 for file browsing and
organizing but certainly not photo editing or printing...

But, just looking in the ACDsee tools, there are many features that
allow you to fix the casting. If it prints fine in other software but
the same file omits a cast in ACDsee, then it is obviously changing
the output profile.

OK, I was just digging around in ACDsee and I can not find anything
relating to color management and profiling. SO, with that in mind,
ACDsee is not managing the output to the printer, It is relying on the
printers existing profiles which you can find in the printer
properties.

I never used the Canon Easy Photo Print software for printing either.
You may want to dig in there and see if it is sending a profile to the
printer and over riding the printers default profile. If that is the
case, then you may want to add that profile to your printers profile
list and then select it when you print with any other application such
as ACDsee

Your printer profiles are found by right clicking on your printer
device and going into properties/color management. Then you can add
the profle that the Canon easy photo software is using or atleast see
what it is selecting.

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

Beezer

thanks, will try and have a look at the printer profiles.