hi

we are running amd 2800, 512 mb, gigabyte MB

the system temp is around 34 C and cpu around 45 C and is on for most of the
day

the threshold temps are around 60 C

is this OK, as the fan is sometimes noisy and too quiet?

You really don't make much sense. How can the fan be to noisy & to quiet.
It will not hurt for your computer to run all the time as long as the fans
are working.
One needs to take a can of compressed air and blow the dust out of the
inside, blow it out of everything fans, CPU, PCI cards, ect.

See:
AMD Thermal & Electrical Specs.
http://www.amd.com/gb-uk/assets/content_type/DownloadableAssets/K7_Electrical_Specification_Rev_ENG.pdf

--
Good Day
River Rat

"mexican" <kitch@water> wrote in message
hi

we are running amd 2800, 512 mb, gigabyte MB

the system temp is around 34 C and cpu around 45 C and is on for most of the
day

the threshold temps are around 60 C

is this OK, as the fan is sometimes noisy and too quiet?

vanguard

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2004

"mexican" <kitch@water> wrote in message
> hi
>
> we are running amd 2800, 512 mb, gigabyte MB
>
> the system temp is around 34 C and cpu around 45 C and is on for most
> of the day
>
> the threshold temps are around 60 C
>
> is this OK, as the fan is sometimes noisy and too quiet?

When posting the same message to related newsgroups, do NOT multipost.
Crosspost instead. See responses to your disconnected multiposted
message in the other newsgroup (you'll have to remember where you posted
elsewhere to see those other replies).

My pc runs about 52 c and yes the noisy fan makes sense. Some times I
check my cpu temp because it seems i can't hear my fan, other times
it's loud and clear. Some times a build up of dust seems to cause the
noisy not so noisy problem. Make sure you clean it every so often. My
thresh is 60 also and all this is normal.

--
PCDaddyPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access