tyan s2466n4m console redirecting

If I enable console redirect on my Tyan S2466n4m,
what program would I use to intercept the output from the ethernet port
ont he remote computer? E.G. telnet.
Also, how would I configure the program to look for output
from the s2466n4m, which port to listen on, and
what ip address?

Many thanks

phil

--
------------------------------------
phil

remove nospam. from From or Replyto line
3 answers Last reply
More about tyan s2466n4m console redirecting
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    philwh@nospam.gate.net wrote:

    : If I enable console redirect on my Tyan S2466n4m,
    : what program would I use to intercept the output from the ethernet port
    : ont he remote computer? E.G. telnet.
    : Also, how would I configure the program to look for output
    : from the s2466n4m, which port to listen on, and
    : what ip address?

    Unfortunately there is a misprint in the MB manual. The board can only
    send the console to a serial port, so you need a serial cable and a
    suitable terminal program. If use Linux minicom will do and if you use
    Windows you can try TeraTerm.

    Cheers,

    Tomas Lindén
    ------------
    Tomas-Linden-at-Helsinki-FI@No.Spams.To.FI
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    In article <cacq41$1en$1@oravannahka.helsinki.fi>,
    Tomas Linden <Address@MySig.com> wrote:

    >philwh@nospam.gate.net wrote:
    >
    >: If I enable console redirect on my Tyan S2466n4m,
    >: what program would I use to intercept the output from the ethernet port
    >: ont he remote computer? E.G. telnet.
    >: Also, how would I configure the program to look for output
    >: from the s2466n4m, which port to listen on, and
    >: what ip address?
    >
    >Unfortunately there is a misprint in the MB manual. The board can only
    >send the console to a serial port, so you need a serial cable and a
    >suitable terminal program. If use Linux minicom will do and if you use
    >Windows you can try TeraTerm.
    >
    >Cheers,
    >
    >Tomas Lindén
    >------------
    >Tomas-Linden-at-Helsinki-FI@No.Spams.To.FI

    Thanks for the info. Now, if it redirects the output to a serial port,
    which port, and how do I set the serial parameters, baud, handshake and the like.

    Many Thanks.

    phil

    --
    ------------------------------------
    phil

    remove nospam. from From or Replyto line
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    philwh@nospam.gate.net wrote:

    : In article <cacq41$1en$1@oravannahka.helsinki.fi>,
    : Tomas Linden <Address@MySig.com> wrote:
    :>
    :>
    :>Tomas-Linden-at-Helsinki-FI@No.Spams.To.FI

    : Thanks for the info. Now, if it redirects the output to a serial port,
    : which port, and how do I set the serial parameters, baud, handshake and the like.

    There is a BIOS menu for setting all these parameters.

    Tomas Lindén
    Tomas-Linden-at-Helsinki-FI@No.Spams.To.FI

Tyan Consoles Motherboards