Printer for Card/Stationary Printing

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
July 17, 2004 10:16:57 AM

Hi there,

I could really use some advice in choosing a printer for my business
startup. I will be producing cards and stationary for weddings,
parties etc. I do not require a photo printer as most of my art will
be clipart/drawings/fine art as opposed to photographs. I have a
budget of about £800 (approx $1500) for the printer. My main
requirements are quality printing and low running costs, but speed is
also a factor. Expected throughput is approximately 7000-10000 pages
per month. It doesn't need to print out anything greater than A4.

I would really appreciate any recommendations for the above
requirements. I've had a good look around but am perplexed by the
number of printers available. It seems there are only 2 markets -
budget printers for home/office and industrial printers that cost
thousands. It's all a bit daunting.

Hope that someone can help,
Ali.
Anonymous
July 18, 2004 6:21:53 AM

On 17 Jul 2004 06:16:57 -0700, waseemali@excite.com (Waseem) wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>I could really use some advice in choosing a printer for my business
>startup. I will be producing cards and stationary for weddings,
>parties etc. I do not require a photo printer as most of my art will
>be clipart/drawings/fine art as opposed to photographs. I have a
>budget of about £800 (approx $1500) for the printer. My main
>requirements are quality printing and low running costs, but speed is
>also a factor. Expected throughput is approximately 7000-10000 pages
>per month. It doesn't need to print out anything greater than A4.
>
>I would really appreciate any recommendations for the above
>requirements. I've had a good look around but am perplexed by the
>number of printers available. It seems there are only 2 markets -
>budget printers for home/office and industrial printers that cost
>thousands. It's all a bit daunting.
>
>Hope that someone can help,
>Ali.

Try looking at colour lasers.