xp-m cpus in s2460

i was wondering if anyone here has tried mobile xps in their s2460
they're barton core running at 266mhz and only use 45watts [xp-m2400+] each
according to posts on 2cpu.com they post as mps and run fine without
modification - should lighten the load on the psu & cooling system if
nothing else, if true
anyone know?
anyway, i've ordered a couple to replace my ageing mp1600+ palominos & i'll
post my findings
dr ratt

"Dr Ratt" <spamsum1else@aol.com> wrote in message
news:1088370142.59779.0@a lovely person.uk.clara.net...
> i was wondering if anyone here has tried mobile xps in their s2460
> they're barton core running at 266mhz and only use 45watts [xp-m2400+]
each
> according to posts on 2cpu.com they post as mps and run fine without
> modification - should lighten the load on the psu & cooling system if
> nothing else, if true
> anyone know?
> anyway, i've ordered a couple to replace my ageing mp1600+ palominos &
i'll
> post my findings
> dr ratt

further research shows they do actually need slight modding to get them to
run at full speed as they default to 800mhz or so
i've opted for a couple of xp-tmcs so i can play around a little but silver
paint works just as well for a one time multiplier setting
http://www.upgradeware.com/english/product/xptmc/xptmc.htm
http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html
dr ratt