Tyan 2640 - Tiger MP

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
July 7, 2004 2:07:48 AM

I would like to max the CPU's on this wonderful motherboard. however, the
Tyan chart says the 1900+ is the highest I can go. These chips are
extremely expensive ($200+ each). Does anyone know if the 2000+ or the
2200+ chips will work? Their FSB and core voltage are the same.

Thanks for the help...

Daniel

More about : tyan 2640 tiger

July 7, 2004 5:55:28 PM

"zylogue" <zylogue@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I would like to max the CPU's on this wonderful motherboard. however, the
> Tyan chart says the 1900+ is the highest I can go. These chips are
> extremely expensive ($200+ each). Does anyone know if the 2000+ or the
> 2200+ chips will work? Their FSB and core voltage are the same.
>
> Thanks for the help...
>
> Daniel

I have had MP2800+ CPU's running in mine for about 6 months now. More
details at

http://forums.2cpu.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=383057

SnowGhost
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 7, 2004 5:55:29 PM

Le Wed, 7 Jul 2004 13:55:28 +0800, <SnowGhost> wrote in
alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan:

>"zylogue" <zylogue@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I would like to max the CPU's on this wonderful motherboard. however, the
>> Tyan chart says the 1900+ is the highest I can go. These chips are
>> extremely expensive ($200+ each). Does anyone know if the 2000+ or the
>> 2200+ chips will work? Their FSB and core voltage are the same.

>I have had MP2800+ CPU's running in mine for about 6 months now. More
>details at
>http://forums.2cpu.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=383057

I concur, writing this post on a TigerMP being MP2800-powered for five
weeks.
(very easy to install : I just swapped them with my two xp1800+,
installed the AMD heatsinks for warranty, and didn't change a thing
neither in the 1.02 bios nor a jumper on the mobo)

Though, I had a bit of trouble to obtain a pair of these, they seem
scarse now (four weeks of shipping delay, seems Opteron is favored here) ,
but maybe that's just in Europe...

Hope that helps,

Arnaud.
a b V Motherboard
July 8, 2004 5:20:20 AM

"Arnaud Delaloy" <arnaud.delaloy@PAS_DE_SPAM_libertysurf.fr> wrote in
message news:40eca38a.224028875@192.168.0.93...
> Le Wed, 7 Jul 2004 13:55:28 +0800, <SnowGhost> wrote in
> alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan:
>
> >"zylogue" <zylogue@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >> I would like to max the CPU's on this wonderful motherboard. however,
the
> >> Tyan chart says the 1900+ is the highest I can go. These chips are
> >> extremely expensive ($200+ each). Does anyone know if the 2000+ or the
> >> 2200+ chips will work? Their FSB and core voltage are the same.

<SNIP>
> Arnaud.

Hi all, I have an S2460 board running two 1800MP CPUs, however the whole
setup makes a lot of noise. Any tips for reducing this? I've had to mount
a couple of cooling fans to keep the air flowing over the CPUs and the power
rail, to see if I can avoid a burnout. Would love to have the rig a bit
more silent though.

Any ideas?
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 8, 2004 8:54:40 PM

anhedonist wrote:

> Hi all, I have an S2460 board running two 1800MP CPUs, however the whole
> setup makes a lot of noise. Any tips for reducing this?

Pull out a CPU? ;-)

--
Mike Smith
Anonymous

"Mike Smith" <mike_UNDERSCORE_smith@acm.DOT.org> wrote in message
> anhedonist wrote:
> >
> > Hi all, I have an S2460 board running two 1800MP CPUs, however the whole
> > setup makes a lot of noise. Any tips for reducing this?
>
> Pull out a CPU? ;-)
>
> --
> Mike Smith

bigger, slower fans