Tyan 2640 - Tiger MP

I would like to max the CPU's on this wonderful motherboard. however, the
Tyan chart says the 1900+ is the highest I can go. These chips are
extremely expensive ($200+ each). Does anyone know if the 2000+ or the
2200+ chips will work? Their FSB and core voltage are the same.

Thanks for the help...

Daniel
5 answers Last reply
More about tyan 2640 tiger
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    "zylogue" <zylogue@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I would like to max the CPU's on this wonderful motherboard. however, the
    > Tyan chart says the 1900+ is the highest I can go. These chips are
    > extremely expensive ($200+ each). Does anyone know if the 2000+ or the
    > 2200+ chips will work? Their FSB and core voltage are the same.
    >
    > Thanks for the help...
    >
    > Daniel

    I have had MP2800+ CPU's running in mine for about 6 months now. More
    details at

    http://forums.2cpu.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=383057

    SnowGhost
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    Le Wed, 7 Jul 2004 13:55:28 +0800, <SnowGhost> wrote in
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan:

    >"zylogue" <zylogue@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> I would like to max the CPU's on this wonderful motherboard. however, the
    >> Tyan chart says the 1900+ is the highest I can go. These chips are
    >> extremely expensive ($200+ each). Does anyone know if the 2000+ or the
    >> 2200+ chips will work? Their FSB and core voltage are the same.

    >I have had MP2800+ CPU's running in mine for about 6 months now. More
    >details at
    >http://forums.2cpu.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=383057

    I concur, writing this post on a TigerMP being MP2800-powered for five
    weeks.
    (very easy to install : I just swapped them with my two xp1800+,
    installed the AMD heatsinks for warranty, and didn't change a thing
    neither in the 1.02 bios nor a jumper on the mobo)

    Though, I had a bit of trouble to obtain a pair of these, they seem
    scarse now (four weeks of shipping delay, seems Opteron is favored here) ,
    but maybe that's just in Europe...

    Hope that helps,

    Arnaud.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    "Arnaud Delaloy" <arnaud.delaloy@PAS_DE_SPAM_libertysurf.fr> wrote in
    message news:40eca38a.224028875@192.168.0.93...
    > Le Wed, 7 Jul 2004 13:55:28 +0800, <SnowGhost> wrote in
    > alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan:
    >
    > >"zylogue" <zylogue@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > >> I would like to max the CPU's on this wonderful motherboard. however,
    the
    > >> Tyan chart says the 1900+ is the highest I can go. These chips are
    > >> extremely expensive ($200+ each). Does anyone know if the 2000+ or the
    > >> 2200+ chips will work? Their FSB and core voltage are the same.

    <SNIP>
    > Arnaud.

    Hi all, I have an S2460 board running two 1800MP CPUs, however the whole
    setup makes a lot of noise. Any tips for reducing this? I've had to mount
    a couple of cooling fans to keep the air flowing over the CPUs and the power
    rail, to see if I can avoid a burnout. Would love to have the rig a bit
    more silent though.

    Any ideas?
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    anhedonist wrote:

    > Hi all, I have an S2460 board running two 1800MP CPUs, however the whole
    > setup makes a lot of noise. Any tips for reducing this?

    Pull out a CPU? ;-)

    --
    Mike Smith
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    "Mike Smith" <mike_UNDERSCORE_smith@acm.DOT.org> wrote in message
    > anhedonist wrote:
    > >
    > > Hi all, I have an S2460 board running two 1800MP CPUs, however the whole
    > > setup makes a lot of noise. Any tips for reducing this?
    >
    > Pull out a CPU? ;-)
    >
    > --
    > Mike Smith

    bigger, slower fans