XP reboots when starting up

Last night I updated a couple drivers on my machine. The network driver and
the sound card driver. I rebooted my machine and when the "welcome" screen
came up it rebooted again. I thought maybe it was the sound card driver. So
in Safe mode I tried to uninstall it. It showed to have a successful
uninstall but when I tried to restart the computer from START>Turn Off
Computer>Restart nothing happened. It would not reboot, so I manually
rebooted it. Upon restart, at the Welcome screen, it rebooted again! I went
back toe Safe Mode to see if the sound card driver had been uninstalled. It
was in the list but when I click on Change/Remove nothing happened.
I also did the same thing with the NIC driver as well. Same thing keeps
happening.

Am I overlooking something?

Thanks

try to do a system restore in safe mode

START>PROGRAMS>ACCESSORIES>SYSTEM TOOLS>SYSTEM RESTORE

and try to restore to a previous date and then update the drivers one
by one and restart the system after each update.

--
karanhcPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access