Can't Print Word Docs with Graphics

I just bought a new computer, and now I can't print Word documents that have
graphics. (Text only Docs print fine. All other apps print fine.)

Old system that worked:

Win89SE
HP LaserJet 2100
Microsoft Word 97
Old Pentium I Packard Bell

New system that won't print Word Docs with Graphics:

Windows XP Home Edition
HP LaserJet 2100
Microsoft Word 2002 (10.2627.3131)
New Emachine with AMD Athlon XP Processor

Where should I start?

Bob D.

Alan

"Bob D." <bobmgtd@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:<bEaKc.78125$WX.24882@attbi_s51>...
> I just bought a new computer, and now I can't print Word documents that have
> graphics. (Text only Docs print fine. All other apps print fine.)
>
> Old system that worked:
>
> Win89SE
> HP LaserJet 2100
> Microsoft Word 97
> Old Pentium I Packard Bell
>
> New system that won't print Word Docs with Graphics:
>
> Windows XP Home Edition
> HP LaserJet 2100
> Microsoft Word 2002 (10.2627.3131)
> New Emachine with AMD Athlon XP Processor
>
> Where should I start?

Most likely printer driver and/or its settings -- are you using the
same one (or atleast the one with the same name) as before? The 2100
is a 1200 dpi printer -- will it print graphics at 600?

go to Tools-Options-Print
there should be a tick in Drawing Objects in the "Include with
document" section.

On 18 Jul 2004 04:05:54 -0700, 7ibehx001@sneakemail.com (Alan) wrote:

>"Bob D." <bobmgtd@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:<bEaKc.78125$WX.24882@attbi_s51>...
>> I just bought a new computer, and now I can't print Word documents that have
>> graphics. (Text only Docs print fine. All other apps print fine.)
>>
>> Old system that worked:
>>
>> Win89SE
>> HP LaserJet 2100
>> Microsoft Word 97
>> Old Pentium I Packard Bell
>>
>> New system that won't print Word Docs with Graphics:
>>
>> Windows XP Home Edition
>> HP LaserJet 2100
>> Microsoft Word 2002 (10.2627.3131)
>> New Emachine with AMD Athlon XP Processor
>>
>> Where should I start?
>
>Most likely printer driver and/or its settings -- are you using the
>same one (or atleast the one with the same name) as before? The 2100
>is a 1200 dpi printer -- will it print graphics at 600?

TRENDING THREADS