XP Pro packard bell monitor stuck at 800*600

Hi everyone
Just bought a pc (Compaq Deskpro EN) with XP Pro installed.
Graphics that came with it Intel 82815 Graphics Controller (driver
Microsoft Corp) which I presume is built into the motherboard.
When I plugged in my Packard Bell 1015 monitor (yes, I know it's
ancient before all the smart arses start jumping down my throat, but
it's been fine before) I got the usual scramble, booted into vga mode,
then windows says 'I can configure resolution better' etc etc
So now it displays at 800*600 max, scrambles pic if I try higher res.
No good to me working in Photoshop, 3D studio Max etc. I was running a
home built machine before (also old) with 98SE, this monitor and all TB
(Tickety-Boo)
I cannot download any driver that works; it is stuck on the default
driver
now it's crashed so can't finiish this...must ...get
...Gates...aaarrgghh

--
epicurus

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:epicurus.1qixpq@pcbanter.net,
epicurus <epicurus.1qixpq@pcbanter.net> had this to say:

> Hi everyone
> Just bought a pc (Compaq Deskpro EN) with XP Pro installed.
> Graphics that came with it Intel 82815 Graphics Controller (driver
> Microsoft Corp) which I presume is built into the motherboard.
> When I plugged in my Packard Bell 1015 monitor (yes, I know it's
> ancient before all the smart arses start jumping down my throat, but
> it's been fine before) I got the usual scramble, booted into vga mode,
> then windows says 'I can configure resolution better' etc etc
> So now it displays at 800*600 max, scrambles pic if I try higher res.
> No good to me working in Photoshop, 3D studio Max etc. I was running a
> home built machine before (also old) with 98SE, this monitor and all
> TB (Tickety-Boo)
> I cannot download any driver that works; it is stuck on the default
> driver
> now it's crashed so can't finiish this...must ...get
> .Gates...aaarrgghh

Check driverguide.com for a 2k driver for your monitor. It will likely be
fine with XP.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes