Siren on Tyan Tiger i7505 (S2668ANR) Motherboard

Does anyone know what the siren warning means on this board?

Configuration is dual Xeon 3GHz Processor, 2Gb Kingston RAM, etc. PC worked
fine for two months, then user reported a 'CPU Microcode error' displayed
and the PC worked really slow. Next boot a two tone repeating fast siren
sounds on power up, with no screen output.

My guess is a processor failure rather than the motherboard.

Can anyone confirm?

Davius
1 answer Last reply
More about siren tyan tiger i7505 s2668anr motherboard
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    "Davius" <dccs@btconnect.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know what the siren warning means on this board?
    >
    > Configuration is dual Xeon 3GHz Processor, 2Gb Kingston RAM, etc. PC
    worked
    > fine for two months, then user reported a 'CPU Microcode error' displayed
    > and the PC worked really slow. Next boot a two tone repeating fast siren
    > sounds on power up, with no screen output.
    >
    > My guess is a processor failure rather than the motherboard.
    >
    > Can anyone confirm?
    >
    > Davius

    definitely possible, but also ensure both cpus are exactly the same
    steppings etc
    older microcode will run on newer cpus but not vice versa
    i had an s2460 & 1 x mp1600+ replaced under warranty, the replacement cpu
    was made from a different coloured substrate to the original, i would
    receive errors when the newer cpu was in socket 0 but everything was fine
    when it was in socket 1
    try the cpus 1 at a time & investigate all steppings etc via wcpuid [i think
    3.30 is current]
    dr ratt

Tyan Processors Motherboards