Sound Problems

When running my system under Windows 98 my sound card was activated. Once I
installed the XP Home Edition OS my sound card disappeared. I have gone onto
the IBM website and looked for sound drivers, but they do not seem to exist.
I have checked the Device Manager, but I don't seem to be able to locate a
sound card. When I look on the properties of the Audio Devices in my Control
panel, they appear to be working properly but are not enabled. Can someone
assist me with this?

try to do windows updates if that does not work go back to the previous
OS and then try to get the drivers if available for the card. If no
drivers are avilble then forget xp else just get a new card and then
reupgrade to xp.

you can uninstall xp from add or remove programs (just in case you did
not know )

--
karanhcPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access