Anybody actually seen the "new" IPAQs?

July 22, 2004 5:25:04 PM

I have seen a few places taking orders for the new models (the hx4705 is the
one that I ma interested in), but would like to hear any comments from
anybody who has actually had a chance to play with one.

Thanks

John

More about : ipaqs

Anonymous
July 23, 2004 12:20:21 AM

>I have seen a few places taking orders for the new models (the hx4705 is the
>one that I ma interested in), but would like to hear any comments from
>anybody who has actually had a chance to play with one.

Its going to be officially released on Monday, so check out any good PDA
website or HP.com to get the details.

Andrew

replying? delete killspam from @aol.com******** and shoot any spammers you
meet ;-)
Anonymous
July 23, 2004 1:35:49 AM

Ive heard the 27th but not from HP. In fact HP.com is about useless for
anything on the new iPAQs. Im anxiously waiting with money in hand for
h6315 and peruse many of the sites listed on
http://www.pocketpcmag.com/_top/bestsites.asp daily and other than a few
pre-release reviews not much as of yet.

Ive tried in vain to find out compatibility of the OMAP processor with
xscale software and so far I cant squeeze any kind of response out of
anyone.

Mitch

"AJH400" <ajh400@aol.comkillspam> wrote in message
> >I have seen a few places taking orders for the new models (the hx4705 is
the
> >one that I ma interested in), but would like to hear any comments from
> >anybody who has actually had a chance to play with one.
>
> Its going to be officially released on Monday, so check out any good PDA
> website or HP.com to get the details.
>
> Andrew
>

> replying? delete killspam from @aol.com******** and shoot any spammers
you
> meet ;-)
Anonymous
July 23, 2004 1:35:50 AM

The OMAP1510 is a Ti thing, based on the ARM9T/ARMv4 (sort
of like the old StrongARM). It tops out at 175 MHz for the
CPU core and 200 MHz for the DSP core (you may see the 6300
called a "200 MHz" then, but according to Ti, its max speed
is 175 MHz). Most typical PPC software will work on it,
just as if it were an iPAQ 3600. I'd call it an old thing.
HP has had the "6300" on the drawing board for a while.

I expect that not too far down the line HP will switch to the
OMAP 1610 (ARM9E/ARMv5), in the same way the StrongARM (ARMv4)
was replaced by the XScale (ARMv5) two years ago. Why not use
an XScale? Maybe HP will, but the DSP was attractive back
when all there was was a StrongARM core running at 200.

(Tzoom -- hand swoosh over head)

--
40th Floor - Software @ http://40th.com/
iPlay : the ultimate audio player for iPAQs