Identify revision of tiger MPX s2466n

Hi,

It is an old board now, but can anyone suggest how one determines
the version of this board, Tyans support page indicates that there are
2 versions 2466n and 2466n-4m with dioffering sized bios for each.
Can't see anything in the manual that might give me a clue.

Any tips appreciated!

Martyn

"MF" <xxmartyn@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> It is an old board now, but can anyone suggest how one determines
> the version of this board, Tyans support page indicates that there are
> 2 versions 2466n and 2466n-4m with dioffering sized bios for each.
> Can't see anything in the manual that might give me a clue.
>
> Any tips appreciated!
>
> Martyn

locate the bios rom on the board
it will be identified as 2 or 4mb
another way to tell is whether the onboard usb works - if it does its
the -4m but if usb is provided by a pci card its the earlier model
dr ratt

Dr Ratt wrote:

>> It is an old board now, but can anyone suggest how one determines
>>the version of this board, Tyans support page indicates that there are
>>2 versions 2466n and 2466n-4m with dioffering sized bios for each.
>>Can't see anything in the manual that might give me a clue.

> locate the bios rom on the board
> it will be identified as 2 or 4mb
> another way to tell is whether the onboard usb works - if it does its
> the -4m but if usb is provided by a pci card its the earlier model
> dr ratt

If it boots, look at the BIOS version number at POST. If my memory
serves me correctly, 2466n BIOSes are v1.xx and 2466n-4m BIOSes are v4.xx.

-JK

TRENDING THREADS