Added a 2 port parallel card ( Skymaster) to a dual boot system running 98se
& XP Pro on two hard drives (C & D)
I installed the drivers in 98 after the system picked up the ports (LPT2 &
LPT3) then installed the printer on LPT2. Printed from the printer ok.

I then installed the drivers in XP after the printer picked up the
ports.Once again the ports (LPT2 & LPT3) appeared in device manager as PCI
EPP/ECP parallel Port (LPT2) & PCI EPP/ECP parallel port (LPT3) under ports.
Also PCI 4018 Multi-I/O Adapter under Multifunction adapter.All look good at
this stage.

However when installing the printer neither LPT2 or LPT3 are available under
ports to use. Even installing using plug & play the system identifies the
printer but the installation fails because the port cannot be found.

Can someone offer some advice here please.

Lindsay

You will find help in an appropriate Windows 98 news group! Look here
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/newsgroups/desktopos/win9x.mspx

--
Regards,

Richard Urban