Beep codes on Tiger MPX

Hello,

My computer doesn't boot any more ... I get a 1-3-4-3 beep code instead.

Could anybody tell me what does it means or where I could get the answer ?

The mainboard is a Tyan Tiger MPX, shipped with 2 Athlon MP 1900+

Thank you for your help

JJB

"JJB" <jjb@XXXwifXXX.fr> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> My computer doesn't boot any more ... I get a 1-3-4-3 beep code instead.
>
> Could anybody tell me what does it means or where I could get the answer ?
>
> The mainboard is a Tyan Tiger MPX, shipped with 2 Athlon MP 1900+
>
> Thank you for your help
>
> JJB

At http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/sys/beep/phoenix/new.htm we get the
following explanation for your beep code.

Explanation: A failure of some sort was encountered either initializing or
testing the first 1 MB of system memory.

Diagnosis: The first bank of memory probably has a bad memory chip in it
somewhere. It is possible that there is a failure related to the motherboard
or a system device as well.

Michael S.

Thank you for your answer.
It definitely seems to be the memory: I've tried to "shake" the two RAMs,
.... and it is ok again (for a while may be ...).

May be a bad connection.

Thanks again

JJB