2462 Dimensions

Hello again,

One of the layout pictures I've seen for this board read that dimensions
are 13 x 12. Pardon the naive question, but does this mean it is
properly laid out/oriented to fit a tower listed as accomodating ATX up
to 12 x 13? Or 12L x 13W? Some say "Depth", I guess, instead of length
(or would that be width?).

See, I'm a little lacking in knowledge about the measurement
conventions, and orientation -- even the form factor specifications I've
so far been able to find don't say. I'm buying all this without yet
having my hands on any of it, so at least on a couple things -- actually
just this at this point -- I'm a bit at a loss, and need to make sure.

Bryan
--
One should be an enigma not just to others but to oneself too. I study
myself. When I'm tired of that I light a cigar to pass the time, and

http://www.wecs.com/content.htm

This signature file is generated by Pick-a-Tag !
Written by Jeroen van Vaarsel
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=pick-a-tag
2 answers Last reply
More about 2462 dimensions
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    You should look at a tower which can comfortably accommodate an E-ATX
    (Extended ATX) board at 12" x 13".

    Something like that is an Enlight 8950, or 8902, or a Gigacase YY-W201
    (all of these are tower, but probably pricey as they are built for
    scalability). Rackmount-wise, there are a few chassis manufacturers
    who have rackmounts designed around this board (Ever Case, AIC, CCSI,
    et al) You have a variety to choose from.

    Just make sure that if you're buying this chassis for S2462, you need
    to get a power supply (PS) that is compatible. Sparkle, Zippy, PC
    Power & Cooling and a few others make one or a few models that will
    work with the S2462.

    btw, 12"x13" is a common dimension listing for a server or workstation
    board with two processors

    ,)`Q

    On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 02:00:20 -0400, Bryan Hoover <bhoover@wecs.com>
    wrote:

    >Hello again,
    >
    >One of the layout pictures I've seen for this board read that dimensions
    >are 13 x 12. Pardon the naive question, but does this mean it is
    >properly laid out/oriented to fit a tower listed as accomodating ATX up
    >to 12 x 13? Or 12L x 13W? Some say "Depth", I guess, instead of length
    >(or would that be width?).
    >
    >See, I'm a little lacking in knowledge about the measurement
    >conventions, and orientation -- even the form factor specifications I've
    >so far been able to find don't say. I'm buying all this without yet
    >having my hands on any of it, so at least on a couple things -- actually
    >just this at this point -- I'm a bit at a loss, and need to make sure.
    >
    >Bryan
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    squared root wrote:

    > You should look at a tower which can comfortably accommodate an E-ATX
    > (Extended ATX) board at 12" x 13".

    Thanks. I was definately in "obsessive mode" when I posted that question.
    Thing is, only have pictures to go by -- board not delivered yet. One pic
    looked like the orientation was the other way around, not to mention I've
    seen specs reading 12 x 13, and 13 x 12. So I's a bit confused.

    I found a Chenming midtower speced at 12 x 13, hopefully will do the trick.
    I've ordered a load of stuff off NewEgg. This should be good.

    Best,

    Bryan

    --
    What is a poet? An unhappy man who hides deep anguish in his heart, but
    whose lips are so formed that when the sigh and cry pass through them, it

    http://www.wecs.com/content.htm

    This signature file is generated by Pick-a-Tag !
    Written by Jeroen van Vaarsel
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=pick-a-tag

Motherboards Product