*PC Won't Keep Time Dispite New Battery

The laptop I'm working on wasn't keeping time. I checked the cmos battery
and it was almost dead. I bought a new one and it tested perfect. Why could
it be that the time still isn't being kept when I reboot. It still reverts
to 2002!
--
Warmest regards,

Steve Horrillo
1 answer Last reply
More about time dispite battery

    Hi,

    Boot into BIOS and change the time setting then save and exit BIOS setup.
    --
    Peter

    "Steve Horrillo" wrote:

    > The laptop I'm working on wasn't keeping time. I checked the cmos battery
    > and it was almost dead. I bought a new one and it tested perfect. Why could
    > it be that the time still isn't being kept when I reboot. It still reverts
    > to 2002!
    > --
    > Warmest regards,
    >
    > Steve Horrillo