Rom Audit Failed?

I have the following two roms (among others) in my rom folder for Mame 32.:

Warzard
Street Fighter III 3rd Strike

When I do a rom audit these two games always fail the rom audit..
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Kramertheman
5 answers Last reply
More about audit failed

    On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 15:33:48 -0400, "Kramertheman"
    <cohoon@comcast.net> wrote:

    >I have the following two roms (among others) in my rom folder for Mame 32.:
    >
    >Warzard
    >Street Fighter III 3rd Strike
    >
    >When I do a rom audit these two games always fail the rom audit..
    >What am I doing wrong?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Kramertheman

    use ClrMamePro to check out your roms instead
    It will tell you which roms are missing/ invalid
    http://www.clrmame.com/

    When I right click on the name of the games in the user interface the rom
    check says failed. In the description both include the words rom needs
    redump and incorrect checksum. Both these roms I got off two different
    burners as well as the web myself but I can't get a clean audit. Can
    anyone who has these roms please run an audit and let me know if they get
    the same result?

    Thanks

    Kramertheman

    Kramertheman wrote:
    > I have the following two roms (among others) in my rom folder for Mame 32.:
    >
    > Warzard
    > Street Fighter III 3rd Strike
    >
    > When I do a rom audit these two games always fail the rom audit..
    > What am I doing wrong?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Kramertheman

    What does the audit say? If it says missing ROMs, then this is the
    problem, you need to go somewhere like www.romshare.net to grab the
    latest sets.

    --
    MAME(TM) - History In The Making...

    Kramertheman wrote:
    > When I right click on the name of the games in the user interface the rom
    > check says failed. In the description both include the words rom needs
    > redump and incorrect checksum. Both these roms I got off two different
    > burners as well as the web myself but I can't get a clean audit. Can
    > anyone who has these roms please run an audit and let me know if they get
    > the same result?

    When MAME says "ROM needs redump" it means that the original hardware
    was not dumped correctly and is incorrect. Hence the need for
    redumping, an attempt to get whatever error fixed. Nothing YOU can
    likely do about it.

    Sometimes the game can be emulated well enough to function without the
    redump. If that is the case it should appear in MAME as a working game
    and will probably be playable.

    If you are willing to send your original board in so someone can attempt
    to redump the ROM that would be great. Check over at mame.net, I think
    they have some more information about doing that.

    On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 15:33:48 -0400, Kramertheman wrote:

    > Warzard
    > Street Fighter III 3rd Strike

    Capcom CPS3. Doesn't work in MAME, might never, so I wouldn't worry too
    much about these games.

    Mike

Street Fighter Games Rom Video Games