HB

I am having problems burning the ISO file from windows memory diagnostic. I
know its not my burning program as I have burned other ISO's with no
problem. I have tried downloading it several times with no luck, used
different blank cd's etc. I also tried the floppy option with no succeess.
Am I doing something wrong?

If you want to create a CD-ROM that you can start your computer from,
you must use additional software to create this CD-ROM from the ISO
9660 image, which is named Windiag.iso. To create this CD-ROM from
the image, you can use the Cdburn.exe utility, which is provided as part
of the Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools. Instructions for downloading
and installing these tools are available at the Microsoft Web site (http://www.microsoft.com/).
Instructions for using Cdburn.exe are included in the download package. In addition,
you must have a CD-ROM drive that can write to CD-ROMs. These drives are typically
called CD-R or CD-RW drives. Your CD-ROM drive must also support CD-ROMs that
you can boot from. Consult the documentation for your CD-ROM drive for more information.

Ref: http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd&DisplayLang=en

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"HB" wrote:

| I am having problems burning the ISO file from windows memory diagnostic. I
| know its not my burning program as I have burned other ISO's with no
| problem. I have tried downloading it several times with no luck, used
| different blank cd's etc. I also tried the floppy option with no succeess.
| Am I doing something wrong?

HB

I'm confused , you mean that I have to use Cdburn.exe to make Windiag.iso a
bootable cd? I have packet writing software that I can allready use to make
bootable iso files.

> If you want to create a CD-ROM that you can start your computer from,
> you must use additional software to create this CD-ROM from the ISO
> 9660 image, which is named Windiag.iso. To create this CD-ROM from
> the image, you can use the Cdburn.exe utility, which is provided as part
> of the Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools. Instructions for
> downloading
> and installing these tools are available at the Microsoft Web site
> (http://www.microsoft.com/).
> Instructions for using Cdburn.exe are included in the download package. In
> addition,
> you must have a CD-ROM drive that can write to CD-ROMs. These drives are
> typically
> called CD-R or CD-RW drives. Your CD-ROM drive must also support CD-ROMs
> that
> you can boot from. Consult the documentation for your CD-ROM drive for
> more information.
>
> Ref: http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp
>
> Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd&DisplayLang=en
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "HB" wrote:
>
> | I am having problems burning the ISO file from windows memory
> diagnostic. I
> | know its not my burning program as I have burned other ISO's with no
> | problem. I have tried downloading it several times with no luck, used
> | different blank cd's etc. I also tried the floppy option with no
> succeess.
> | Am I doing something wrong?

HB

Turns out it was my burning software. I used a free program from the web and
it burned with no problems. Strange that veritas wouldn't work on that
particular iso file.
Thanks for your help
Jim.