tyan thunder k8w / s2885 case

So, while the Antec SX1000II handles EATX boards, it doesn't handle
the s2885 because the drive brackets (a nice design) overlaps the
board to the exclusion of CPU0. (NOW I find where someone else
already wrote this. As they say, anyone wanna buy an unused
SX1000II?)

Anyway, I'm looking for a good case that the s2885 does fit well in.
I'd prefer to keep the case as small as possible (while still
fitting). Need something north of 4 hard drive bays plus floppy and a
cd/dvd or two. And I'd like a case that I can try to keep quiet.

Suggestions?
2 answers Last reply
More about tyan thunder s2885 case
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    Hi, you can use the S2885 but you will lose 2 of the 6 drive bays, I removed
    the fan from one processor and mounted the drive bays ok, and then put the
    fan back on the cpu.

    doug
    www.lynncomp.com

    "aptosca" <aptosca@esseff.org> wrote in message
    > So, while the Antec SX1000II handles EATX boards, it doesn't handle
    > the s2885 because the drive brackets (a nice design) overlaps the
    > board to the exclusion of CPU0. (NOW I find where someone else
    > already wrote this. As they say, anyone wanna buy an unused
    > SX1000II?)
    >
    > Anyway, I'm looking for a good case that the s2885 does fit well in.
    > I'd prefer to keep the case as small as possible (while still
    > fitting). Need something north of 4 hard drive bays plus floppy and a
    > cd/dvd or two. And I'd like a case that I can try to keep quiet.
    >
    > Suggestions?
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    I use a Thermaltake Xsaer III the 2885 fits nicely, lots of room and space
    for plenty of HDs
    see http://www.thermaltake.com/xaserCase/xaser3/xaser3menu.htm

    "aptosca" <aptosca@esseff.org> wrote in message
    > So, while the Antec SX1000II handles EATX boards, it doesn't handle
    > the s2885 because the drive brackets (a nice design) overlaps the
    > board to the exclusion of CPU0. (NOW I find where someone else
    > already wrote this. As they say, anyone wanna buy an unused
    > SX1000II?)
    >
    > Anyway, I'm looking for a good case that the s2885 does fit well in.
    > I'd prefer to keep the case as small as possible (while still
    > fitting). Need something north of 4 hard drive bays plus floppy and a
    > cd/dvd or two. And I'd like a case that I can try to keep quiet.
    >
    > Suggestions?

Tyan Cases Motherboards