tyan thunder k8w / s2885 case

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
October 10, 2004 9:40:32 PM

So, while the Antec SX1000II handles EATX boards, it doesn't handle
the s2885 because the drive brackets (a nice design) overlaps the
board to the exclusion of CPU0. (NOW I find where someone else
already wrote this. As they say, anyone wanna buy an unused
SX1000II?)

Anyway, I'm looking for a good case that the s2885 does fit well in.
I'd prefer to keep the case as small as possible (while still
fitting). Need something north of 4 hard drive bays plus floppy and a
cd/dvd or two. And I'd like a case that I can try to keep quiet.

Suggestions?
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
October 14, 2004 5:08:01 PM

Hi, you can use the S2885 but you will lose 2 of the 6 drive bays, I removed
the fan from one processor and mounted the drive bays ok, and then put the
fan back on the cpu.

doug
www.lynncomp.com

"aptosca" <aptosca@esseff.org> wrote in message
> So, while the Antec SX1000II handles EATX boards, it doesn't handle
> the s2885 because the drive brackets (a nice design) overlaps the
> board to the exclusion of CPU0. (NOW I find where someone else
> already wrote this. As they say, anyone wanna buy an unused
> SX1000II?)
>
> Anyway, I'm looking for a good case that the s2885 does fit well in.
> I'd prefer to keep the case as small as possible (while still
> fitting). Need something north of 4 hard drive bays plus floppy and a
> cd/dvd or two. And I'd like a case that I can try to keep quiet.
>
> Suggestions?
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
December 6, 2004 8:46:03 PM

I use a Thermaltake Xsaer III the 2885 fits nicely, lots of room and space
for plenty of HDs
see http://www.thermaltake.com/xaserCase/xaser3/xaser3menu....

!