Closed

Tyan Trinity 400 S1854 - BIOS - Large Capacity Drive

Hi,
I have a Tyan Trinity 400 S1854. I have flashed the bios (AWARE bios)
up to version v1.07. My OS is Windows 2000 SP4 (which enables drive of
137.5 Gb or greater). I've just bought a Seagate 200gb and haven't
installed it yet... i have just read about the 48-bit addressing
thing.

What is the HD capacity limit? Does the BIOS allow hd with capacity
greater than 137.5Gb? If not, what are my options? Can it be solved
through a software (i guess upgrading the chip or something like that
would be almost as expensive as changing motherboard) ?

Thank you,
Sebastien
1 answer Last reply
More about tyan trinity s1854 bios large capacity drive
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.tyan (More info?)

    "sebastien" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I have a Tyan Trinity 400 S1854. I have flashed the bios (AWARE bios)
    > up to version v1.07. My OS is Windows 2000 SP4 (which enables drive of
    > 137.5 Gb or greater). I've just bought a Seagate 200gb and haven't
    > installed it yet... i have just read about the 48-bit addressing
    > thing.
    >
    > What is the HD capacity limit? Does the BIOS allow hd with capacity
    > greater than 137.5Gb? If not, what are my options? Can it be solved
    > through a software (i guess upgrading the chip or something like that
    > would be almost as expensive as changing motherboard) ?
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Sebastien

    Not sure if the board will support over 137GB, but if it doesn't, you can
    add a PCI ATA card similar to these:
    www.promise.com

    They will support the drive for sure.

    Chris