need mame emu. that works with older roms, help

Last response: in Video Games
April 16, 2005 11:41:49 PM

hi, i have a CD full of arcade roms circa 70s through early 90s that I
used to run on emulator known as mame32 that was windows type, well
that no longer works, and my computer is the same, its a version of
mame i got about year 2000. I think the cd it was on went bad , but
not sure. Any version of mame that i currently download and try to
unzip tells me there are errors in the program file, no matter what
kind i try to unzip. I'm majorly confused, can anyone tell me what the
hell is wrong and what a good solution is and where i can buy or find a
mame that works so i can play classic arcade games again on my pc --
thanks
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 7:22:00 AM

altv2k@yahoo.com wrote:
> hi, i have a CD full of arcade roms circa 70s through early 90s that I
> used to run on emulator known as mame32 that was windows type, well
> that no longer works, and my computer is the same, its a version of
> mame i got about year 2000. I think the cd it was on went bad , but
> not sure. Any version of mame that i currently download and try to
> unzip tells me there are errors in the program file, no matter what
> kind i try to unzip. I'm majorly confused, can anyone tell me what the
> hell is wrong and what a good solution is and where i can buy or find a
> mame that works so i can play classic arcade games again on my pc --
> thanks

http://www.classicgaming.com/mame32qa/

If the downloads you get from here are giving you errors there is
something wrong with your PC.
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 8:04:59 AM

altv2k@yahoo.com wrote in news:1113705709.857071.297830
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> I'm majorly confused, can anyone tell me what the
> hell is wrong and what a good solution is and where i can buy or find a
> mame that works

"Buy MAME"? Damn right you're confused.

www.mameworld.net/easyemu for a series of tutorials that you really should
check out.

www.mame.net/mamefaq.html for the Frequently Asked Questions database.

> so i can play classic arcade games again on my pc -- thanks

And just so you know, MAME was originally created not as a means to play
games, but to document the operation of arcade machine hardware. The ability
to play games is secondary, and for that matter so is the ability to play
certain modern games at full speed.

So don't complain if you can't play San Francisco Rush at more than 4 fps,
since you'll need 10 GHz or more for proper smoothness (in other words, don't
bother for a few years).
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 3:07:59 PM

altv2k@yahoo.com wrote:

> I think the cd it was on went bad , but
> not sure.

CDs are usually good for 1 week after the "Sell by Date".

HTH

--
FSogol
!